Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could see Yoshi going in there, but there haven't been any rumors about Yoshi going in there. Obviously, rumors are rumors, but with people saying it's not going in there makes me think Hollywood was just getting DK as an expansion years later.
Ehhhhh, I don’t know. There’s quite a bit of space in that building. They could easily put a small omnimover dark ride in there. Maybe we’re not getting THE Yoshi ride but A Yoshi ride.
Here's a question, one that may need..an answer.

What if they're ditching the Multi floor concept for Hollywood; and Yoshi is completely on that second floor? If that's the case, perhaps that may allow them to have Yoshi be present for Hollywood, at the sacrifice of a vertical land.

Relocate the queue of Mario Kart and Mario Motor's to the first floor, have the kitchens for Panda and Toadstool Cafe share eachother. Hell, you can already see Bowser's Castle seemingly being on the first floor level instead of being on the second floor; just by looking at the visuals of the new drone footage.
Doubt it. The multi-floor concept would be super ideal for someplace as tight-spaced as Hollywood.

If we’re throwing things at the wall here, maybe it’s just an extended version of the indoor section from Japan with an extremely brief (far more brief than Japan, see them head out of unload and into unload really only) outdoor section? Best way to add a 2nd ride in if they want it and can’t fit the full Yoshi ride from Japan.

Reactions: maroonmol and Freak
I saw no evidence of an Omnimover system being installed.

I'm still going with a Yoshi M&G with a really elaborate "queue". A mini-walk-thru of some of the stuff from the ride.

I saw no evidence of an Omnimover system being installed.

I'm still going with a Yoshi M&G with a really elaborate "queue". A mini-walk-thru of some of the stuff from the ride.

There was no Omni-mover installed. A track would have been easily recognizable very early on. It's like people forgot we've had SLOP (the same ride system) installed on the upper lot. The track was installed for SLOP before the show-building even went vertical... People are just being hopeful lol. SNW in Hollywood will be awesome and when POV's of SLOP and Yoshi start coming out. I feel people will prefer SLOP.

Ok so I've been thinking about this for days and the more pics/videos I see of Hollywood, the more confused I get.. my observations could be incorrect so I would love it if anybody could correct/enlighten me.

Are the levels/layout completely different in Japan vs. Hollywood? Let me explain..

In Japan, when you enter the land through Peach's castle, it seems as though you are on the upper level.. This means that MK/Bowzer's castle is on the same level you entered. This means that a giant pit has been dug out of the middle of the land to create the bottom level...

In Hollywood, this pit doesn't seem to exist.. Instead, it looks like you enter through Peach's castle on the bottom floor and the rest of the land including the entrance to MK is above you on the top floor..

Am I correct or am I just tripping out? Sorry if this is confusing.

I think it seems more like peaches Castle is the centerpiece ahead of you when you walk in.

Looks like the entrance is kinda more where the yoshi bridge would go/entrance to DK.

Last edited:
I am thinking next year. The main attraction in the show building is done. Maybe testing as far as we know. The rest, if no Yoshi ride that everyone talks about, just seems to be interior and exterior work only. It looks as if the mountains etc are going up. As seen in the video, just don't know what the second level is for behind the castle.

I am thinking next year. The main attraction in the show building is done. Maybe testing as far as we know. The rest, if no Yoshi ride that everyone talks about, just seems to be interior and exterior work only. It looks as if the mountains etc are going up. As seen in the video, just don't know what the second level is for behind the castle.
I think a Feb opening for 2022 is very optimistic but I think Jerrod’s April ‘22 estimate is more likely. Before all of this went down I would say next year is possible but now? No way.

It could possibly open in time for Christmas break next year or even in January ‘22. But I remember thinking Hogsmede would open for Christmas ‘15, but it basically opened in Feb.

I think a Feb opening for 2022 is very optimistic but I think Jerrod’s April ‘22 estimate is more likely. Before all of this went down I would say next year is possible but now? No way.

It could possibly open in time for Christmas break next year or even in January ‘22. But I remember thinking Hogsmede would open for Christmas ‘15, but it basically opened in Feb.
Agreed. They're still gonna want a year (or what's left of it) to let Pets and the revamped Jurassic World breathe. In another world, would have been quite a thing to effectively get three new rides upon reopening.

Reactions: Clive

From how the progress was going until late summer next year looked about right and I think CA response to theme parks make Universal even more wary of opening 2.5 new rides all next year before everyone has a Vaccine.

My guess would be parks can start reopening in some way in the summer then HHN and Christmas will be more "normal" but still have limits on how many can enter and require masks. Then by about April 2020 my guess is you can have 100% of people in the parks but some restrictions still with masks so I'm hoping before spring ends in 2022 the land is open.

I will say there is optimism for a holiday 2021 soft, but I also doubt that they work their butts off for that targeted soft.
Agreed. The suits don’t see any point in rushing construction on a project that would generate the most buzz Universal Hollywood will ever have had in its history. Especially when they can tout a new family attraction and Jurassic world (completed) as new offerings during the interim. They want all the guests they can get coming into this land from day one, period. Holiday ‘21 softs do line up with that timeline, but yeah no point in expediting the completion of a project when you don’t have a clear and strategic opening date set.