Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Should we expect the construction of exterior designs like Bowser and Princess Peach Castles, and shops somewhere by summer or fall?

If it follows the same schedule as Japan it will be the fall.

If I was Universal management I'd be targeting a March 2022 soft opening like with Potter, but I think anything could happen based on the impact of C19.

While I'm sure it will be similar, I do want to point out this is the second time they are building it so should make it easier or at least have solutions to any challenges they face and second no Yoshi ride means less AA's that have to be put in and what not. So while im sure it will be at a similar pace think spring next year should be a realistic goal

With no Yoshi ride in place, this should have no problem being completed either late this year or early 2022. With the next expansion, I would like to see the Zelda area and attraction as well since SNW should be geared towards all Nintendo properties not just Mario and his friends. I'm also hopefully optimistic that SNW opens for HHN 2022 as well, being in the Lower Lot where the most famous HHN mazes take place.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Having been to the park yesterday and seeing the construction for myself; it definitely feels like our version is going to miss out on that "grand reveal" moment as you come out of the warp pipe/Princess Peach's castle. The land is in full view as you come down the Star-way and even in some areas around the lower lot. Maybe that's okay because our park is more "studio" so the mish-mash of clashing themes is more widely accepted.

I also hope they've learned a lesson from the sun-faded Transformers show building/artwork in regards to Super Nintendo World's show building wraps. I hope those rolling green hills are made of something more weather resistant because they're going to need to be replaced every few years or else be destroyed under the California valley sun.

Having been to the park yesterday and seeing the construction for myself; it definitely feels like our version is going to miss out on that "grand reveal" moment as you come out of the warp pipe/Princess Peach's castle. The land is in full view as you come down the Star-way and even in some areas around the lower lot. Maybe that's okay because our park is more "studio" so the mish-mash of clashing themes is more widely accepted.

I also hope they've learned a lesson from the sun-faded Transformers show building/artwork in regards to Super Nintendo World's show building wraps. I hope those rolling green hills are made of something more weather resistant because they're going to need to be replaced every few years or else be destroyed under the California valley sun.
I agree with you that I hope they have learned how to make colors last longer

But think it will be hype to walk in still, everyone I showed the picture of the construction wall was very excited. I think the effect of walking through and seeing everything moving and the music will still make most people very happy everytime they walk through the warp pipe.

We can thank the hills of Universal City and the landlocked areas for that. However, at least we can see what SNW Hollywood might look like. Might excite some people while riding all the way down.

My hope is that SNW will open annually for HHN.

USH is going to be one hell of a park when this opens next year. Better than USF for sure, and close to IOA level. Needs a couple more rides (DK plus something else) but that's pretty much it. That's kinda amazing considering what the park was a few years ago.

Hopefully this isn't insanely crowded when I make it over here next year.

USH is going to be one hell of a park when this opens next year. Better than USF for sure, and close to IOA level. Needs a couple more rides (DK plus something else) but that's pretty much it. That's kinda amazing considering what the park was a few years ago.

Hopefully this isn't insanely crowded when I make it over here next year.
Love USH but I'd take IOA anyday over USH.

It has Spiderman, Hulk and a better Potterland.

I think in a few years...maybe but we have some weaker versions of stuff here like Simpsonsland, Potterland and heck even Nintendoland wont be 100%.

Nintendoland is a good first step and I know many really love the Tram but that ride is hit or miss...if you don;t get into the NY sets its to me its fun but not what it should be nor would i travel across the world to see screens and a few locations films used to be shot at.

Last edited:
Love USH but I'd take IOA anyday over USH.

It has Spiderman, Hulk and a better Potterland.

I think in a few years...maybe but we have some weaker versions of stuff here like Simpsonsland, Potterland and heck even Nintendoland wont be 100%.

Nintendoland is a good first step and I know many really love the Tram but that ride is hit or miss...if you don;t get into the NY sets its to me its fun but not what it should be nor would i travel across the world to see screens and a few locations films used to be shot at.
I mean, Nintendoland will only be missing Yoshi when DK opens, and USH got a better version of that in SLOP anyways. Potter and Simpsons are definitely worse though.

The park definitely needs a bit to rise to IOA level. DK, a version of Velocicoaster or the Gyrosphere dark ride, Bourne, and another dark ride (Pokemon, Ghostbusters, or Monsters) would take it there for me. IOA is great, but it's definitely missing the mark in the entertainment aspect (no shows, compared to Waterworld and Kung Fu Panda here), USH will be more interactive, and have the better selection of family-friendly attractions by far (SNW, SLOP, Despicable Me and Super Silly Fun Land, Kung Fu Panda).

Then again, we're just lucky to have both parks in the states. Everyone wins.

I mean, Nintendoland will only be missing Yoshi when DK opens, and USH got a better version of that in SLOP anyways. Potter and Simpsons are definitely worse though.

The park definitely needs a bit to rise to IOA level. DK, a version of Velocicoaster or the Gyrosphere dark ride, Bourne, and another dark ride (Pokemon, Ghostbusters, or Monsters) would take it there for me. IOA is great, but it's definitely missing the mark in the entertainment aspect (no shows, compared to Waterworld and Kung Fu Panda here), USH will be more interactive, and have the better selection of family-friendly attractions by far (SNW, SLOP, Despicable Me and Super Silly Fun Land, Kung Fu Panda).

Then again, we're just lucky to have both parks in the states. Everyone wins.
Its a good park, I just see it as still lacking. They have too many times destroyed and old ride to put in a new one. Potter/Nintendo are rare explains of them not doing that.

I think in ten years is when I'll be pretty happy with the park, we should have two new land by then and hopefully a third one after that. I also hope if Simpson does leave they do move the tram station so they can redo the Simpsons ride area as a REAL ride and not just another screen ride.
But anyway Nintendoland will be great, I wish Yoshi was coming as well (would not have hurt to have it like literally zero downsize besides some CEO losing 1 Percent off there bonus) but still will be great and once again is a start to a better park like Carsland was for DCA.

Its a good park, I just see it as still lacking. They have too many times destroyed and old ride to put in a new one. Potter/Nintendo are rare explains of them not doing that.

I think in ten years is when I'll be pretty happy with the park, we should have two new land by then and hopefully a third one after that. I also hope if Simpson does leave they do move the tram station so they can redo the Simpsons ride area as a REAL ride and not just another screen ride.
But anyway Nintendoland will be great, I wish Yoshi was coming as well (would not have hurt to have it like literally zero downsize besides some CEO losing 1 Percent off there bonus) but still will be great and once again is a start to a better park like Carsland was for DCA.
Losing Yoshi might be a logistics issue more than anything. The land they're working with is small and there's a very similar ride upstairs. If it was a different ride style, I'd agree with you though. And we're not losing out on the main attractions, thank god.

Also, when's the last time they completely tore down a ride? Jurassic World is a revamp to an existing attraction (I wouldn't even count it as a retheme), SLOP replaced a theatre, and Kung Fu Panda was a renovation and retheme to an existing attraction.

Losing Yoshi might be a logistics issue more than anything. The land they're working with is small and there's a very similar ride upstairs. If it was a different ride style, I'd agree with you though. And we're not losing out on the main attractions, thank god.

Also, when's the last time they completely tore down a ride? Jurassic World is a revamp to an existing attraction (I wouldn't even count it as a retheme), SLOP replaced a theatre, and Kung Fu Panda was a renovation and retheme to an existing attraction.
I mean they have a few screen rides...never stopped them in the past from having two of the same kinda ride. My point for Yoshi has always been its a people eater and we need more rides...literally should have been able to make the land a little bigger to fit in a ride that can eat thousand of guests an hour.

Also Jurassic, Mummy, Simpsons, Panda, Despicable me and kinda transfomers all had to take out old attractions to make room for a new one. I hope they can stop doing that and use more unused area's before replacing more attractions

I mean they have a few screen rides...never stopped them in the past from having two of the same kinda ride. My point for Yoshi has always been its a people eater and we need more rides...literally should have been able to make the land a little bigger to fit in a ride that can eat thousand of guests an hour.

Also Jurassic, Mummy, Simpsons, Panda, Despicable me and kinda transfomers all had to take out old attractions to make room for a new one. I hope they can stop doing that and use more unused area's before replacing more attractions
Jurassic and Panda aren't replacements though? It's literally the exact same attraction with a new theme. And Jurassic is more of an upgrade than a retheme, given that it's the same IP technically, just with new animatronics and a new storyline.

Jurassic and Panda aren't replacements though? It's literally the exact same attraction with a new theme. And Jurassic is more of an upgrade than a retheme, given that it's the same IP technically, just with new animatronics and a new storyline.
My point is while other parks are adding a ride, Universal for the most part has either had to just take one away and replace it or redo it.

We need more Nintendoland...we need less taking away rides and just replacing them and using land that has nothing on it and putting in something new
We literally have under ten attractions right now and wont improve much even when things are 100% we have 11. 3 shows and 8 rides.

While Disneyland has like 50ish + Shows and rides when its at 100%, DCA at 37ish. Universal need every ride it can get