Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think it's a coincidence the Mario movie is opening in Holiday 2022 and this looks to be aiming for late 2022.
Sadly this makes sense

I mean they would get more guests and money from having it open in the summer....but they don't seem to have an issue with leaving some money on the table if it means spending less to make this land.

Crowds are going to die down most of this month and by early next year until spring break it will also not be crowded...while they could have a new land to get people in and come back they just seem to be fine with next year going to be very normal Attendance levels and 2023 will.

I wonder if they have anything planned next summer to draw people into the parks besides the HP night time shows.

Don't know if its just me but SNW Hollywood seems to be very behind/slow in progress.. I feel like I've been staring at the same steel jungle for a year and a half. I go to the park weekly and have never seen humans actually working in the construction site. Not sure if it's bc of fabrication delays or if supplies might be stuck on a barge in the ocean but watching the progress, or lack there of has been agony.

Don't know if its just me but SNW Hollywood seems to be very behind/slow in progress.. I feel like I've been staring at the same steel jungle for a year and a half. I go to the park weekly and have never seen humans actually working in the construction site. Not sure if it's bc of fabrication delays or if supplies might be stuck on a barge in the ocean but watching the progress, or lack there of has been agony.
We are seeing a lot more progress than usual, especially as we see I think the largest amount of scaffolding yet on external environments. Particularly near the pyramids. If anything, it might be good to look back at Pets and see what the timeline might be as it stands now.

I know none of you want to hear this, but with rumors of Knott's opening a big coaster in '23 and Disney opening up Runaway Railway the same year, it's gotta be awfully tempting for USH to bump SNW yet again to '23. It's sure looking like it but I think Holiday season next year might be the most likely scenario.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I canceled my trip to Hollywood next year awhile ago. I’ve just been operating under the assumption that this is opening in 2023. If it opens sooner, good for them, but I’m no longer keeping my hopes up.

I know none of you want to hear this, but with rumors of Knott's opening a big coaster in '23 and Disney opening up Runaway Railway the same year, it's gotta be awfully tempting for USH to bump SNW yet again to '23. It's sure looking like it but I think Holiday season next year might be the most likely scenario.
Well this would explain things. I’m waiting for Orlando, especially if there’s a small chance it’s in 2024 anyways.

If the SNW area is done by summer 2022, there's no way they would delay it to 2023. People in America have been waiting for their popular childhood video game area to spring to life since 2015 and there's no way they would wait for another year for the SNW Hollywood grand opening just so USH could compete with the actual rival theme park openings of their respective specific rides.

Reactions: BriefCasey
If the SNW area is done by summer 2022, there's no way they would delay it to 2023. People in America have been waiting for their popular childhood video game area to spring to life since 2015 and there's no way they would wait for another year for the SNW Hollywood grand opening just so USH could compete with the actual rival theme park openings of their respective specific rides.
The GP was not aware of SNW until last year or maybe 2019. There wasn't much awareness about it prior to that. Theme park fans have absolutely waited a long time, but nobody was really aware that this was a thing until fairly recently.

But I do imagine that they want this thing to open sooner than later, but I don't think the supply chain issues and staffing issues are helping that.

Hey guys

Whoa, it's been a while...

But yeah, SNW Hollywood is feeling like a 2023 edition or a very late 2022 edition to coincidence with the Mario movie.

Also, I have a theory that the Mario movie was originally slated for July 2022 but got pushed back so Minions Rise of Gru could have its non-covid, summer box-office. Minions has been just sitting...and Mario is about to finish up production. But Comcast wanted that Despicable Me money.

Last edited: