Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Yeah, considering that much of the work is still needed to be done in the inner area of SNW. The pandemic kinda got things in the way. I would bet maybe it might open in winter 2022 in order to correlate with the opening of the Mario animated film.

Since Disney is going to have "New Toontown" for 2023, I think '23 is going to most likely be the opening timeslot for this.

Anyone remember what Potter looked like January 2015? That may give us an idea of how far behind it may or may not be.

Don’t wanna turn this into a Potter thread lol but I did find this picture too from April 2015 showing more of hogsmead village and they we’re definitely farther along than Nintendo is right now theming wise 0F558B38-2FED-4FA1-9B3C-3098B12FB002.jpeg

It depends on the progression of certain areas. USH announced the WWOHP in 2011. To make room, the Universal Amphitheatre was torn down in late September 2013, construction immediately began shortly. It opened almost three years later. SNW was announced in 2015, USH didn't start doing that until 2018, and it's been almost four years due to building in a small area (compared to the WWOHP) between the employee parking lot and panda express, as well as some soundstages in front.

The blue parts just got started a month or two and it's almost January 2022, so they have a long way to go because the area outside the Bowser Castle/Princess Peach castle doesn't seem to be finished. If we see the area being rapidly progressed so much by spring 2022, then maybe we might see a summer opening. If not, then expect Winter 2022 or early 2023 to be the best possible dates. USH hasn't announced an actual SNW opening date nor advertised it as of December 12, 2021.

Mondo from Five Fires shared some interesting tidbits regarding Nintendo World Hollywood. The first thing he shared at around the 2 hour 23 minute mark was that Universal plans to open a Nintendo World merch store on the Upper Lot. And in the 2 hour 24 minute mark, he mentions that he's hearing that the Mario Kart ride construction is already completed and that the land itself is looking like it could open to the public sometime in 2022.

Mondo from Five Fires shared some interesting tidbits regarding Nintendo World Hollywood. The first thing he shared at around the 2 hour 23 minute mark was that Universal plans to open a Nintendo World merch store on the Upper Lot. And in the 2 hour 24 minute mark, he mentions that he's hearing that the Mario Kart ride construction is already completed and that the land itself is looking like it could open to the public sometime in 2022.

Upper lot, huh? TWDA?

I figured if they did a merch store, it'd take up the theme for Feature Presentation. Looking forward to how a Mario themed one could look.

Cool idea, but no clue why they aren't working on an official Nintendo store yet or at least announce it officially

As for the ride being done already also cool but doubt it opens before the fall

Would not shock me if physical elements of MK are done but I can’t imagine the AR isn’t worked on/adjusted until opening day. I doubt it’s “Done.” I guess.

These pop up stores are so lame. Can they please build a permanent Nintendo store on citywalk? They have MULTIPLE empty venues and it doesn’t seem like businesses are jumping to open up on the walk.
Well there was leaked concept art for one a few months ago. I assume it's coming, but perhaps closer to the opening of the land. I'd guess the pop up store would just be a hold-over to build hype and get merchandise sales really going

These pop up stores are so lame. Can they please build a permanent Nintendo store on citywalk? They have MULTIPLE empty venues and it doesn’t seem like businesses are jumping to open up on the walk.
Agreed

We don't have a Nintendo store on the west coast and with Switch about to hit 100 million sold and not slowing down you'd think they'd want one over on the west coast so the most populated state can shop for more cool Nintendo stuff and get some cool pre order items for new games.

I get it not coming out now but like this fall? They have the mario film, new land, and rumor switch 2.0 or at the very least Zelda BOTW 2. Just is a great time for them to open a big old store here

Haven't been on the forums in a while so here's a dumb theory:

Someone at Universal convinced Miyamoto to let Daisy be apart of Super Nintendo World "late" in the plans (he doesn't care for characters he didn't make + Yoshi). This would explain why she has a power-up band and is apart of the Mario Kart attraction, but has zero merch and isn't featured in any official advertising (besides the SNW retheme of an Osaka bullet train).

I wonder if this will change for the Hollywood location since it'll technically have a different marketing campaign and will be newer than the Osaka location.

I still find it so jarring that one of the characters with a power-up band has absolutely zero merch. There's more merch for Daisy at your local Target then there is in Super Nintendo World.

Haven't been on the forums in a while so here's a dumb theory:

Someone at Universal convinced Miyamoto to let Daisy be apart of Super Nintendo World "late" in the plans (he doesn't care for characters he didn't make + Yoshi). This would explain why she has a power-up band and is apart of the Mario Kart attraction, but has zero merch and isn't featured in any official advertising (besides the SNW retheme of an Osaka bullet train).

I wonder if this will change for the Hollywood location since it'll technically have a different marketing campaign and will be newer than the Osaka location.

I still find it so jarring that one of the characters with a power-up band has absolutely zero merch. There's more merch for Daisy at your local Target then there is in Super Nintendo World.
I honestly think they just wanted to offer more “girl” options for the bands.

Surprisedwe haven’t seen more styles or limited edition bands yet, but then again Japan has never been fully open since SNW opened, so that may come later.

I honestly think they just wanted to offer more “girl” options for the bands.

Surprisedwe haven’t seen more styles or limited edition bands yet, but then again Japan has never been fully open since SNW opened, so that may come later.
That makes the most sense tbh, because she definitely feels like an "extra".

And yeah, I feel the Hollywood opening is going to be much grander to be honest.