Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I doubt it Nintendo is extremely strict with their IP unfortunately. They won’t even let people play some of their games in tournaments.

Luigi’s Mansion or Metroid would be awesome to bring to HHN.

Seriously, it wouldn't hurt to bring HHN to Super Nintendo World, and the area would be similar to Dr. Seuss' land in HHN 2002 in a sense, Halloween-child friendly area. That would give people a lot of time to do in the park. and I hope Nintendo would play scary music from its games, past and new. But as you said, unfortunately, they might not allow it. Only time will tell though.

Reactions: baconwhiskers
We just got Potter 5ish years later and people think now...that universal the company that isn't even doing Chinese New Years will have Ninendoland open at HNH....i just reallllly doubt it.

Could it happen sure but I just doubt they will want to pay more workers to work that event for now. Later? Sure but this year I highly doubt it.

Also year this sale of APs would be in my guess the best time to get a pass, I doubt after the land opens the prices will not go up on all tickets and passes

I’m gonna take a shot in the dark and say Nintendo won’t get involved in any ways shape or form with HHN for years. As much as I would like a Metroid dread maze I don’t think we’ll see the land open during HHN unless it absolutely must be.

I don't really think they would approve any maze regarding its properties. If they want, they might just limit to the SNW decorated with a Nintendo-Halloween theme. Nintendo games regardless of their dark content are meant to be for families and kids.

I’m gonna take a shot in the dark and say Nintendo won’t get involved in any ways shape or form with HHN for years. As much as I would like a Metroid dread maze I don’t think we’ll see the land open during HHN unless it absolutely must be.

The most I think they would take a crack of for HHN, would only be on having Mario Kart and the Toadstool Cafe open. Purely, as it still works with the age groups that HHN brings (but much like @Clive's words, I don't expect it for year one either.)

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Just noticed January 2023 has more blackout dates than this January for gold AP (there were none), specifically weekends. Perhaps they’re anticipating Mario crowds?

Reactions: Clive
I know its been talked to death, but if it does open in September, are we seeing this operating during HHN hours? It seems Wizarding World is opening up now and with no specific contractual clause I've heard of yet, Nintendo would be a massively appreciated crowd eater that could also hot a great spooky daytime overlay.

I'm sure the only reason they finally allowed Potter to be open during HHN was because it was the only way to get to the Curious George lot where they had Hill House and Pandora's Box.. had they not needed that area for mazes, I'm sure we wouldn't have seen Potter open.. at least as a regular HHN feature.. so unless they're planning to build mazes in an area that requires going through Nintendo World to access said area, I wouldn't count on it.. but I would love it to happen

Yeah but they’re usually never blocked out on days you’d actually want to go. Only an issue if you want free amc parking tbh.
Knowing this makes me rethinking if I want the Plat pass then

Also those black out dates at least confirm that universal thinks the ride is open then because January is dead.....like has been ever since I had an AP over ten years ago...so this is werid

Do they usually do pass holder previews for new lands here?

They do, as far as I'm aware.

December 17 also blacked-out for no reason, maybe we have our opening day?

Food for thought: Maybe they're preparing for Illumination's Super Mario to have an LA premiere around then? Given JP's pandemic issues, they might be wanting to prepare farther in advance so people from Nintendo JP can be at attendance.

Perhaps have a main "Media" week for Nintendo's Super Mario and Super Nintendo World for the US/NA, ahead of a Christmas Day opening? That's my speculation (that I can be more than likely wrong about).

I know its been talked to death, but if it does open in September, are we seeing this operating during HHN hours? It seems Wizarding World is opening up now and with no specific contractual clause I've heard of yet, Nintendo would be a massively appreciated crowd eater that could also hot a great spooky daytime overlay.
SNW operates during HHN at USJ for what it's worth. But zero change in the standard theme or operation (sad because there is so much potential for a Halloween Nintendo overlay)

I'm curious what the official English names will be for some of the attractions. Koopa's Challenge -> Bowser's Challenge is an easy one, but wonder if they'll try to get more creative with Kinopio Cafe.

SNW operates during HHN at USJ for what it's worth. But zero change in the standard theme or operation (sad because there is so much potential for a Halloween Nintendo overlay)

I'm curious what the official English names will be for some of the attractions. Koopa's Challenge -> Bowser's Challenge is an easy one, but wonder if they'll try to get more creative with Kinopio Cafe.

Guessing like merch, Mario Kart is probably gonna get rebranded for NA to be Mario Kart: Grand Prix.

As far as Kinopio, Toadstool Cafe.

Guessing like merch, Mario Kart is probably gonna get rebranded for NA to be Mario Kart: Grand Prix.

As far as Kinopio, Toadstool Cafe.

Not to work blue, but I’m honestly surprised their testing says it’s fine to use “stool” in the name of a restaurant. I would have guessed “Toad’s Cafe” would have been the safer choice.

Not to work blue, but I’m honestly surprised their testing says it’s fine to use “stool” in the name of a restaurant. I would have guessed “Toad’s Cafe” would have been the safer choice.

Princess Peach's proper full name is, and has still been, Princess Toadstool. It was essentially Peach in JP, and was merely adapted to fit for other regions (I wouldn't even be surprised if they joke about it in the upcoming movie). Heck, the Doctor Mario series even goes to name her in that case as Nurse Toadstool (Smash Bros Ultimate also has her still being the Princess of Toadstools as billed in her wrestling tagline on the Punch Out stage too).

It'd make more sense in the proper context of the Super Mario series (Though that's more my guess on what they name the Cafe to be) getting the main bill here.

Reactions: Nico