Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I was hanging out with some employees of Universal (The Studio side) at HHN yesterday and all of them seen really excited about Nintendo. It's always fun to see how far reaching Nintendo's legacy is. 

With all the excitement around Potter, I keep forgetting about Nintendo. Like...it's gonna be REAL. Not just a blue sky idea or rumor. It's HAPPENING. Just a matter of WHEN. Super pumped!

Except I hope it expands the footprint of the park, not just replace existing stuff.

^ I heard we actually may be getting... two! USH could really benefit from a bump in their coaster count... 

One I bet is what will be Orlandos E-Ticket, MarioKart..which if you've read the crap that the insiders are hearing for that from OU (Augmented Reality is one..)..hell. yes. The other...I could see it something possibly unique to ours, and ours alone; but we'll probably see another from Orlando which i'm still completely fine with.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Well I heard Mario Kart and a unique attraction for Hollywood, and a unique attraction for Orlando. I've also heard that the way they plan to expand these lands further down the line will be extremely creative, as you "unlock" new sections within the Nintendo Universe to further expand the immersive land. 

One I bet is what will be Orlandos E-Ticket, MarioKart..which if you've read the crap that the insiders are hearing for that from OU (Augmented Reality is one..)..hell. yes. The other...I could see it something possibly unique to ours, and ours alone; but we'll probably see another from Orlando which i'm still completely fine with.
Mario Kart is the main E-Ticket so yes. I haven't heard about Hollywood getting something else so if true that's exciting! I'm curious how this and (assuming) Diagon Alley will affect the overall aesthetics of the Lower-Lot. 

If that's the case of something truly unique to Orlando..I actually could see us getting a IP like Zelda and Orlando gets DK and Japan..gets something else..

Mario Kart is the main E-Ticket so yes. I haven't heard about Hollywood getting something else so if true that's exciting! I'm curious how this and (assuming) Diagon Alley will affect the overall aesthetics of the Lower-Lot. 
Hollywood will be the last park to get anything Nintendo, assuming Nintendo is popular in Orlando.

Hollywood will be the last park to get anything Nintendo, assuming Nintendo is popular in Orlando.
I doubt Hollywood is waiting for Orlando to justify bringing Nintendo to the park. If the official announcement straight from USH's media accounts are any indication, Nintendo coming to USH is a very real thing.

Lol....."assuming Nintendo is popular in Orlando".

That's like saying "assuming Harry Potter will be popular." Decades of being popular with all ages, I think they're preeeetty certain there's no risk factor ;)

I just hope we won't have too many projection based attractions. Or rather, completely rely on projections. Wouldn't be surprised though, considering this is all based on VIDEO games.

I've more-or-less gathered a list of whats been said pretty much from OU.

-Trackless VERY likely

-Musion for the attraction is about definite

-Interactivity will be in the ride in some capacity in ride cars (tablets implanted to the backs of seats)

-First time Augmented Reality is being used in a major aspect in a technological scale

-Screens will be definite but its for good reasons

From what it seems; this will be doing to the dark ride scene what Disney did Poohs Hunny Hunt in Japan.

I doubt Hollywood is waiting for Orlando to justify bringing Nintendo to the park. If the official announcement straight from USH's media accounts are any indication, Nintendo coming to USH is a very real thing.
Obviously it's going to be popular.... -_-

Hollywood's plans will fall heavily on whatever is done to Orlando... and that won't be any time soon  (for USH).

From what people with reputable sources are saying, Hollywood won't be that far behind from Orlando. I've been hearing MK for our park for some time now but I'm sure some other forum members know more specific details. Point being, this isn't Potter or Springfield. Hollywood is being developed at the same time as its Orlando counterpart. Will it be smaller, bigger, or completely different? Who knows. But it's coming.

Refering to what Galin said,

A move like that'd make a hell of a lot of sense. It is Nintendo after-all and they'd want their IP to be released at a very close proximity.

What cracks me up about the upcoming MK dark ride (which, if done correctly, will be one of the most popular attractions ever made) is that parts of it will be the F&F ride Orlando SHOULD have gotten.

I think they will be taking Nuthouse at Orlando and retheme, so Hollywood will most likely be getting another, unique attraction.

Here's a little thing to think about:

Just because the first Nintendo attraction might open in Orlando fist, doesn't mean they didn't start construction at the same time...

;)

Although you never know, we might be surprised. They could be developing a unique version of the same general ride idea for the unique space they picked out both coasts, like they did with Mummy, and they end up being slightly different.

On a side note, something about "Augmented Reality" in a theme park (like, with a headset), is VERY off-putting. Defeats the purpose of a park.

As mentioned above, having them build attractions simultaneously at both coasts isn't unheard of. We've seen it with Revenge of the Mummy, The Simpsons Ride, and even Shrek 4-D.

I think the idea of having a main attraction present on both coasts with one or two additional attractions that are unique to each park is brilliant. That could give tourists the incentive to eventually want to visit both coasts, while also giving locals the feeling that they aren't completely missing out.