Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

So with the pictures of the queue from Osaka's version of the Mario Kart ride now officially out there, I want to talk about the staircase with the Bowser statue for a bit.
3-696x464.jpg

I just realized that staircase might be in Hollywood's queue as well. I forget if it was shown in a previous photo update, but I know I had a photo of it myself. It's in the center left:
image0.jpg

Thoughts? The only thing that has me unsure is that I've never been to a Universal park other than Hollywood, so I have no idea if the queues for any of the cloned rides are almost the same. I'm not a layout expert either.

So with the pictures of the queue from Osaka's version of the Mario Kart ride now officially out there, I want to talk about the staircase with the Bowser statue for a bit.
3-696x464.jpg

I just realized that staircase might be in Hollywood's queue as well. I forget if it was shown in a previous photo update, but I know I had a photo of it myself. It's in the center left:
image0.jpg

Thoughts? The only thing that has me unsure is that I've never been to a Universal park other than Hollywood, so I have no idea if the queues for any of the cloned rides are almost the same. I'm not a layout expert either.
I'm inclined to think those stairs are for the transition from the queue to the load station. Bowser's stairs would likely be on the second floor, right after you enter the castle. Some of the videos of this room have light bleed that seems to come from outside as well.

So why the change in elevation at the start of the queue? Well it may just be that each floor of the ride has more height than a standard floor in a building, and perhaps there are yet more elevation changes within the queue. It could also be that many scenes within the attraction require more space, and so the queue takes you to the highest part of the show building to leave space for more vertical show scenes below. However, the change in elevation doesn't seem that significant (only two flight of stairs probably going up around 15 feet).

I might be confused, but isn't the ride entrance on the second story and the main ride on the ground floor? If so, where would you be going upstairs?
Ground floor - catwalks - queue. Technically you could call that 3 levels, but I’ve always considered the catwalks as part of the ride level.

Ha! I’ve been doing this too. Found a flight for $343 out of LAX a few days ago.
Cuz why not lol. I'm just thinking nightmare nightmare nightmare. Prices are incredible now. I need a travel agent:'( Anybody in here with travel experience to osaka??

Last edited:
Cuz why not lol. I'm just thinking nightmare nightmare nightmare. Prices are incredible now. I need a travel agent:'(

I’ve been planning a trip to Japan once we’re good to travel again and found the average RT flight to Tokyo from LAX was around $900. Anything less than $500 seems like such a steal! Funny to be planning this while USH is just a few minutes down the road.

I’ve been planning a trip to Japan once we’re good to travel again and found the average RT flight to Tokyo from LAX was around $900. Anything less than $500 seems like such a steal! Funny to be planning this while USH is just a few minutes down the road.
I just feel like covid owes me this trip at such an amazing rate lol! If we can even get in! And yes last I checked before the pandemic. $1200!!!