Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I do wonder if they want to make DK Orlando exclusive at first to increase draw for Epic Universe, especially since it’s been delayed now. I see that being intriguing for Universal, or, a dual opening on both coasts.

I'd argue Osaka's probably going to be the first with DKC, considering from aerials we do see footers of the expansion in place. I can see that being 2023 for USJ, to compete against Fantasy Springs up in Chiba, and then USH doing DKC in 2024 if they can get the space they need for it.

So, uh, has construction been pretty quiet around Hollywood these days? Or are we just in one of those phases of every attraction's life where work is being done in hidden, imperceptible corners of the land?

So, uh, has construction been pretty quiet around Hollywood these days? Or are we just in one of those phases of every attraction's life where work is being done in hidden, imperceptible corners of the land?
I hope so....the parks are too busy to not be going full speed and wanting to open the land ASAP

Work had definitely stopped. But on Tuesday, there were a lot of workers on site and both sides of the attraction were open with people inside.

I’ve been a few times in the last week and noticed no work being done. Some employees think it’s opening 2023. Who knows…

But this was yesterday so it was on the weekend.

Maybe crews have been working inside the show building so it looked like construction stopped. Glad to see them continue to work on the rest of the land.

Ha, sorry! Totally forgot today’s Sunday.

I saw them working in the MK show building with the elephant doors open back in March while I was on set. It’s interesting to think they only have one construction crew working on the scenic for the attraction and the land.

I'd argue Osaka's probably going to be the first with DKC, considering from aerials we do see footers of the expansion in place. I can see that being 2023 for USJ, to compete against Fantasy Springs up in Chiba, and then USH doing DKC in 2024 if they can get the space they need for it.
Yeah Osaka first, I guess I meant stateside. If they aren’t even opening this until early 2023, 2024 makes sense but I feel Comcast would want something Nintendo original in Epic Universe, or at least something debuts in the states there.

I feel Comcast would want something Nintendo original in Epic Universe, or at least something debuts in the states there.

I believe that was the original rumor (read: Epic Universe would get the "biggest and best" version of the land as the consolation prize for being the last one to open). But at this point, it seems it's going to end up being a straight clone -- in terms of attractions -- of USJ's land.

I believe that was the original rumor (read: Epic Universe would get the "biggest and best" version of the land as the consolation prize for being the last one to open). But at this point, it seems it's going to end up being a straight clone -- in terms of attractions -- of USJ's land.
I think that was the plan stateside, where USH isn’t opening with DK and Orlando would, the date for DK in Hollywood I don’t think has ever been really rumored to a specific timeline. USJ I think is always first for new Nintendo stuff, space pending.

Right now Universal arguably has the best pass available in all the so cal theme parks. Platinum is the best. But with Super Nintendo opening do you think they will screw pass holders like they did with Harry Potter opening?

Right now Universal arguably has the best pass available in all the so cal theme parks. Platinum is the best. But with Super Nintendo opening do you think they will screw pass holders like they did with Harry Potter opening?
IDK, Knotts' pass is pretty amazing at only $101 with no black out dates, for only 1/4th the cost. To add on parking and a KSF pass, it's still maybe only half that price. You could also get a Fast Lane season long pass, but IDK how much that is, but I imagine it equals to the same price as the Platinum pass with way more rides and variety of attractions.

Knott’s is good. Add parking is $60 and fast lane was $300-400 for the season pass but it is currently sold out. Platinum for Universal does get you a HHN one day ticket.

Edit: I guess my point is that right now Universal passes seem like a really good value. I am hoping that does not change with Nintendo World.
IDK, Knotts' pass is pretty amazing at only $101 with no black out dates, for only 1/4th the cost. To add on parking and a KSF pass, it's still maybe only half that price. You could also get a Fast Lane season long pass, but IDK how much that is, but I imagine it equals to the same price as the Platinum pass with way more rides and variety of attractions.

Last edited:
Knott’s is good. Add parking is $60 and fast lane was $300-400 for the season pass but it is currently sold out. Platinum for Universal does get you a HHN one day ticket.

Edit: I guess my point is that right now Universal passes seem like a really good value. I am hoping that does not change with Nintendo World.

Knott's parking is $75 now so if you have the Gold Pass, you might as well get the Platinum Pass for about the same price with parking included and 20% food and merch discount.

How did they screw over passholders for the Potter opening? I doubt Platinum stays this low once SNW opens. I can see it go back up to $599 or higher months before the grand opening.

This article breaks it down. Basically no unlimited pass and none had parking. 2016 Universal Studios Hollywood Annual Passes Announced
Knott's parking is $75 now so if you have the Gold Pass, you might as well get the Platinum Pass for about the same price with parking included and 20% food and merch discount.

How did they screw over passholders for the Potter opening? I doubt Platinum stays this low once SNW opens. I can see it go back up to $599 or higher months before the grand opening.

How did they screw people when Potter opened?

I plan on getting the pass to skip the long lines for Mario Kart...is there a big chance that won't be included?

How did they screw people when Potter opened?

I plan on getting the pass to skip the long lines for Mario Kart...is there a big chance that won't be included?

I'd have to think Express won't be online when MarioKart opens, considering how big that attraction is.

@Chris Glass did a stellar write-up, and I'm gonna link it; but USH overplayed their hands when it came to AP's.

Part of me has to assume that with the current route; they wouldn't repeat the mistakes--as I see SNW doing the exact opposite of Potter when it comes to how many people are going to flock. Especially, because Hollywood is going to benefit off of one thing in particular:

It will be domestically, the only one there is, until 2025. The amount of people that will try to rush to Hollywood, is probably going to be a bigger reception. Especially if the leaked Nintendo store opens alongside that of SNW.

No. I think they learned a very valuable lesson with Potter. I think we will see a massive price increase across all pass levels, but that's about it. I dont seen blackout dates or benefits being significantly added or decreased, nor do I see them nuking their existing passholder base to ensure that passholders visiting the new land are paying the higher prices.