Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

View attachment 14879
I was checking out the new google earth photos of the land and realized the show building might just be bigger than the land itself! Also really bugs me how they're really trying to build this land around the restroom/panda buildings instead of just tearing them down.

The most interesting thing to me in this, is that SNW Hollywood as of for Phase 1 (Assuming they do go into Phase 2 eventually) would be squarely 3 acres total. On a positive side, it's insane to think of how much they'll be fitting into the land itself, even if more could've been gained from Panda's removal.

Recent pictures showed something building behind the main SNW area. Still lots to be done, but hopefully by the end of the year, they'll finish up with the Princess Peach Castle. In addition, Universal must some expansion plan for Phase 2 for SNW before the 2028 Olympics in L.A.

Recent pictures showed something building behind the main SNW area. Still lots to be done, but hopefully by the end of the year, they'll finish up with the Princess Peach Castle. In addition, Universal must some expansion plan for Phase 2 for SNW before the 2028 Olympics in L.A.

Behind in which direction? Do you have pics or links? Are you referring to the new office campus expansion area?

Behind in which direction? Do you have pics or links? Are you referring to the new office campus expansion area?

He's referring to the soundstages directly to the left of SNW. Soundstages 16-20, if they go in there.

1627512057821.png

Essentially, it would mean if Universal goes in there, they would have to re-route the tram to go onto Stanley Wilson Avenue, along with potentially making modifications to Kirk Douglas Drive, if a SNW Donkey Kong Expansion has a path in-between Super Nintendo World and the Jurassic World queue. If that'd happen, we would likely see the road access around Soundstage 12, be forced to be modified as-well. Possible; but it'd be costly.

Truth be told, I don't necessarily buy it. If they have DK on their mand for 16-20, wouldn't we of seen infrastructural changes by now? Especially with work being done specifically around Soundstage 12; this would be the opportunity to modify Kirk Douglas Drive if they so desired it. Be that the removal of facilities like Soundstage 10 and the Henry Mancini building.

Last edited:
Covid would’ve been my first guess.... but an issue with MK? Seemed to be working perfectly fine in Japan from all accounts so that’s concerning.
I have no idea if this is related, but there have been several reports of MK vehicles rear-ending each other in load in Osaka. Not a major issue of course since the ride is still operating fine but wonder if that could be something related.

I have no idea if this is related, but there have been several reports of MK vehicles rear-ending each other in load in Osaka. Not a major issue of course since the ride is still operating fine but wonder if that could be something related.
Oh, I thought that was part of the immersion? I do that in Mario Kart 8 all the time.

On top of COVID, the rumor I'm hearing is there's a problem with the Mario Kart system itself.

The ride system has been reportedly hitting other vehicles at a certain speed if memory suits me right. It'd make sense if it's that, as AR wise; it should be ironed out thanks to Osaka being the guinea pig. Not to mention, perhaps a bit of concern from Universal to prompt Nintendo's move to more Summer proper (Assuming if it was intended for a Late Spring debut)? That'd be to me reasonable deductions.

Oof, I'm hearing bad news on the front of stuff being delayed, particularly DKC and SNW's opening itself. SNW is still on track for next year but not the anticipated spring softs.

If DKC is a matter that is going to happen quickly, ala Osaka's; might they be concerned with waiting for a certain few dominos to drop? Especially if it is going to 16-20.

The MK ride at Hollywood should have no problem, and it might still be open for next year (hopefully by summer). No way the fans at Hollywood could affort to wait until 2023, the year when Epic Universe was to the point of almost being finished.

The MK ride at Hollywood should have no problem, and it might still be open for next year (hopefully by summer). No way the fans at Hollywood could affort to wait until 2023, the year when Epic Universe was to the point of almost being finished.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it was delayed to 2023. Land progress is moving at a SNAILS pace. Hardly ever see workers on site, only a handful at a time. Whereas prior to shutdown, the site was filled with construction workers daily.

Even if there weren’t rumors of delays the land doesn’t look ready to open in 12 months. 2023 definitely makes sense to iron out any issues, finish the land, market it, and get crowds in which may not come in 2022 right away depending on the worlds situation.