Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

For anyone who doesn't want to watch the videos

Think of Mario Kart as a Dark ride with added wind and other effects to give you the illusion of going faster but its not a thrill ride. Its a E ticket Dark ride and really immersive from the Q to the main ride. If you like SLOP (which most people here did) then you will love this ride because it's just a more detailed ride like that.

That’s only 14 mph. It just feels faster because of the forward tilting of the RV.
I know.

I never expected Mario Kart to go any faster than Indiana Jones/Dinosaur. I just didn't realize it was going to be as slow as MIB.

I thought it would be more of a """thrilling"""" dark ride with a light game element.

I know.

I never expected Mario Kart to go any faster than Indiana Jones/Dinosaur. I just didn't realize it was going to be as slow as MIB.

I thought it would be more of a """thrilling"""" dark ride with a light game element.
I honestly thought it was going to be like Radiator Springs Racers but after seeing the video's I'm more than happy. I will ride this ride sooo much on the off season.

It's detailed and true to Mario, that's the most important thing and honestly Universal is lacking land at most parks. So a Thrill ride would be even shorter than the ride is now and have WAYYYY less in it, I remember hearing the rumors or how many tracks would be in the ride and thinking how can than work? They made it work and really everyone should be happy at least one of your favorite tracks is in the ride

Could also be just more prop, etc placement? I could be wrong.

Someone might be able to correct me, but when they began the process of adding the exterior aspects; didn't Osaka bring a crane in the middle of the area to specifically have a closer handle? They have been focusing the summer on MK and the enclosing on the soundstage side, maybe it's time they begin the process of the land itself.

If that's correct, I think this might be the same thing. I never really kept up with land construction updates in Japan, so I'm looking forward to how this unfolds if that's the case.

Oh man, I can't wait to see how the props come together for the second iteration of the land now.

It'll probably be the more interesting version to look at; more so on a "placement" level than that of quality. Especially knowing they'll be trying to hide most of the external area (excluding Transformers, the big box it is) on ground floor.

Still surprised that TF didn't get a Shrek treatment though.

Didn't Shrek/DWT's paint job come after Wizarding World opened? Either way, it's possible they could still do it retroactively, perhaps when the land is close to opening sounds plausible.

Didn't Shrek/DWT's paint job come after Wizarding World opened? Either way, it's possible they could still do it retroactively, perhaps when the land is close to opening sounds plausible.
Before.

The party tent share's it's regards.

Went today. Strangely enough, the crane wasn't there. I don't think I saw any noticeable construction differences from what's been documented so far.

As for the shop in the studio store, I think the Bowser and Yoshi hats are all gone, and so are the Bowser Jr. plushies. I didn't see any in the store at all during my visit, and only Mario, Luigi, Toad and Goomba hats remain in terms of hats.

Last edited:
I think 2022 like alot of others are thinking I feel they really want to push for 2022 since it was suppose to open for 2021 but covid pushed it back