Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I still can't believe this land is being built around the panda express and restroom buildings. It already looks so out of place, especially that concrete wall that sticks out in the hallway by the first aid building.
I'm shocked the in-park Panda is still standing as well. I mean, we already have a Panda Express at CityWalk, so it would make perfect sense to tear it down for SNW. Missed opportunity right there.

Also I don't trust a "Chinese" restaurant that serves sushi.

I canceled my trip to Hollywood next year awhile ago. I’ve just been operating under the assumption that this is opening in 2023. If it opens sooner, good for them, but I’m no longer keeping my hopes up.

Good move, because it seems like California in 2023 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for California theme parks.

I do believe as well that SNW will open in 2023.

I'm shocked the in-park Panda is still standing as well. I mean, we already have a Panda Express at CityWalk, so it would make perfect sense to tear it down for SNW. Missed opportunity right there.

Also I don't trust a "Chinese" restaurant that serves sushi.
They could've rebuilt the panda express with a taller building that has seating upstairs like the simpsons area, that blocks the view of the land from ground level. The buildings would have looked modern with a reduced width to make the land bigger instead of literally being built, in some parts, over the existing panda building.

Unfortunately, due to USH being limited in space, especially with the expansion of 400,000 square foot office campus, the current SNW area is the only suitable place where they can build it from. And expansions are only possible down near some offices in the Studio Tour lot so it might take some negotiations to expand any future SNW area there.

Well they better hurry up. There's only a month and a half to go before the start of 2022.

At this point I think Fall 2022 would be very optimistic. I doubt they would open this right before HHN starts so looks like Holiday 2022 it is.

I would think that somewhat between Thanksgiving or Christmas 2022 would open in order to align with the upcoming Super Mario Bros. movie coming out next year.

I assume the whole "We're Building a New Toontown!" is the reaction/preparation for the huge draw that Nintendo will be. Likewise the idea of a new coaster for Knott's and another new coaster for SFMM. Southern California is much more a fight for the locals than Orlando is.

I bet the New Toontown would be modern and up to par rather than stuck in the 1980s-early 1990s format era. Nevertheless, if SNW Hollywood was finished earlier, they might open the area in fall 2022 in order to promote the upcoming Super Mario Bros. movie next year.

I assume the whole "We're Building a New Toontown!" is the reaction/preparation for the huge draw that Nintendo will be. Likewise the idea of a new coaster for Knott's and another new coaster for SFMM. Southern California is much more a fight for the locals than Orlando is.
I’m hoping for some news today or tomorrow, it definitely feels like a “get ahead of this other news” type deal

I bet the New Toontown would be modern and up to par rather than stuck in the 1980s-early 1990s format era. Nevertheless, if SNW Hollywood was finished earlier, they might open the area in fall 2022 in order to promote the upcoming Super Mario Bros. movie next year.
To clarify, is it possible we might see SNW open in 2023?

Unfortunately, due to USH being limited in space, especially with the expansion of 400,000 square foot office campus, the current SNW area is the only suitable place where they can build it from. And expansions are only possible down near some offices in the Studio Tour lot so it might take some negotiations to expand any future SNW area there.
Or maybe what is under construction now is all we will get with SNW in Hollywood. Anything can happen and they could get the permission they need to expand SNW with another Nintendo property (part of me doubts they could build Donkey Kong mine coaster in Hollywood due to space, but correct me if I am wrong on that one.) Though I do believe that depending on how well Pokemon does in Japan a land of that will come to Hollywood. It would go in the plot of land across from where SNW is behind the Mummy where soundstages are currently. New soundstages are being built now which could allow the old ones to be demoed and a Pokemon land to go in the space.

Any updated rumored opening timeline for this? Are we still looking at 2022 or is it now 2023?
People above have said next year near when the film comes out

Sadly that looks to be true...the land could have easily been open by now but because of the Pandemic not being over it pushed the opening day wayyyyyyyyyyy back