Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I don't understand the thought of tying a ride opening to a movie opening. There's going to be a surge of customers when the ride opens regardless. Burn that out, then have the movie open to renew interest. The ideal opening timeframe imo would be the typical park dead period before the movie opens. Like if the movie is coming out in December, open the ride in September. Gives the park a boost in a traditionally slower period, gives ride ops experience in a not as busy timeframe, and then gives the park another boost when the movie opens. Opening a ride when the movie opens, and even worse during a traditionally busy time, just puts everyone in the parks and in line at the same time.

I don't understand the thought of tying a ride opening to a movie opening. There's going to be a surge of customers when the ride opens regardless. Burn that out, then have the movie open to renew interest. The ideal opening timeframe imo would be the typical park dead period before the movie opens. Like if the movie is coming out in December, open the ride in September. Gives the park a boost in a traditionally slower period, gives ride ops experience in a not as busy timeframe, and then gives the park another boost when the movie opens. Opening a ride when the movie opens, and even worse during a traditionally busy time, just puts everyone in the parks and in line at the same time.
An interesting food of thought that could be made:

With the rumors of Mario Kart 9 starting to trickle the rounds, perhaps the goal is to make it more so as a period of which people can celebrate Mario, in various means such as games; films; and in the parks.

An interesting food of thought that could be made:

With the rumors of Mario Kart 9 starting to trickle the rounds, perhaps the goal is to make it more so as a period of which people can celebrate Mario, in various means such as games; films; and in the parks.

Maybe. But I'd think Nintendo would market and release the game on their schedule that would have nothing to do with the parks. Of course a pre-Christmas release is probably optimal for video games, so that would all work out together in this scenario.

I mean if the goal is to get people in when they normally don't come then This January (which wont happen) or next makes sense

People will come to the parks in the summer NO matter what, same with halloween and christmas its the early part of the year that needs a boost

I see the movie and games as completely separate projects, as the movie (with the info we have right now) doesn't have characters like Daisy and Bowser Jr in the film.

They'll of course have a small amount of cross-promotion, but I doubt it's going to be a big deal.

Also, I doubt the next Mario Kart is being revealed this year. I feel like they're saving that for the Switch 2 as a launch title.

yeah, though if all we're getting is some merchandise in the Feature Presentation, compared to what Japan got beforehand I'd be a little disappointed
I dont care all that much about merch for a land that isn't here yet

To me now of that makes much sense to own until I can go into the land and have fun with it on and have memories

I dont care all that much about merch for a land that isn't here yet

To me now of that makes much sense to own until I can go into the land and have fun with it on and have memories
I just liked the look of the Mario Café & Store, and think it'd be a nice lil addition before the land opens. But yeah, more than anything I just want some more concrete info on the land opening date

I just liked the look of the food shop in Japan's, would be nice to get that here. But yeah, more than anything I just want some more concrete info on the land opening date
I doubt we hear anything until summer and even then I bet Universal places its cards really close to the vest because of Covid