Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe) | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, glad its confirmed!!! Not surprised this will be the "anchor" of this new park. Seems to have the most innovating tech in all of theme parks right now between Mario kart, DK, and the power up bands. I cannot wait for this land to come to life!

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I've had ideas for a Nintendo theme park in my head since I was a little kid, so the fact that it is actually happening AND it is being built within 30 minutes of my current location is insanely cool. It will be the reason I go on day one to Epic Universe, it doesn't matter how long the lines are. I've waited my whole life already, what's a 5 hour wait for the Donkey Kong Minecart coaster?

Would love for Universal to learn from Japan and adjust some of the kinks regarding Mario Kart. The two major issues seem to be ride speed and the sheer amount of sensory overload. With a brand new park, they could solve the speed issue by increasing the size of the show building. Scenes like Rainbow Bridge, and the very start of the race work so well in regards to speed. Im sure with more space they can increase scene length thus improving the feel of speed in the ride. The sensory overload would probably be an easier fix by just adjusting the sheer amount of “stuff” happening around you in the VR. If they can work that out, the ride would be greatly improved IMHO.

Reactions: merlin0402
Would love for Universal to learn from Japan and adjust some of the kinks regarding Mario Kart. The two major issues seem to be ride speed and the sheer amount of sensory overload. With a brand new park, they could solve the speed issue by increasing the size of the show building. Scenes like Rainbow Bridge, and the very start of the race work so well in regards to speed. Im sure with more space they can increase scene length thus improving the feel of speed in the ride. The sensory overload would probably be an easier fix by just adjusting the sheer amount of “stuff” happening around you in the VR. If they can work that out, the ride would be greatly improved IMHO.

The versions of MK stateside are going to be no different from the one in Japan, language aside. This is why I'm so curious as to what the reaction will be when it comes stateside, because not a lot of people are going to or focusing on the Japan parks right now for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Plus the reviews of Mario Kart and Yoshi's is lack luster at best. People seem to love the "Land" but the rides need to be updated before they come here.

Plus the reviews of Mario Kart and Yoshi's is lack luster at best. People seem to love the "Land" but the rides need to be updated before they come here.
Nope

If Spiderman can have crappy reviews and long lines so will this

Anyone pretending like the land in any park wont be crowded and the rides wont have long lines is just lying to themselves. Also I would rather have 100 Mario Karts over most new rides, its a great dark ride, many wanted to be a thrill ride but as a Dark ride is really well done.

I've seen like two reviews from people that actually went to Japan and rode it

The rest were just thought provoking YouTube comments such as: OMGZ MORE SCREENS IM NEVER GOING TO UNIVERSAL HOLLYWOOD AGIAN or THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE A COASTER THROUGH THE ENTIRE PARK

Weelllllll...I get that it's mostly second-hand comments, but first off, those two reviews were not glowing, and second off, it's clear from comments on several forums that people were expecting a fast ride. Now, I think if it had been fast people would be complaining about not being able to race alongside and interact with the characters and collect coins--but until AR advances to accommodate greater speeds, I don't think MK was necessarily the correct property choice. I think they could've had an actual "Super Mario World" ride in addition to the walkthrough challenge without it feeling redundant.

Weelllllll...I get that it's mostly second-hand comments, but first off, those two reviews were not glowing, and second off, it's clear from comments on several forums that people were expecting a fast ride. Now, I think if it had been fast people would be complaining about not being able to race alongside and interact with the characters and collect coins--but until AR advances to accommodate greater speeds, I don't think MK was necessarily the correct property choice. I think they could've had an actual "Super Mario World" ride in addition to the walkthrough challenge without it feeling redundant.
Oh I get there is some disappointment for some

Building a ride like this you either lose with Families that have money or you lose with grumbling internet commenters that will complain and still visit anyway

Now that I think about it...Universal and Nintendo won twice

I've seen like two reviews from people that actually went to Japan and rode it

The rest were just thought provoking YouTube comments such as: OMGZ MORE SCREENS IM NEVER GOING TO UNIVERSAL HOLLYWOOD AGIAN or THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE A COASTER THROUGH THE ENTIRE PARK

We don't need to re-litigate that discussion but I fall on that end of things, you can't say "people think it's disappointing" about a land in Japan that hasn't allowed foreign travel yet.

Mario Kart and Yoshi are seemingly geared towards children. Also, people will come to see new attractions, even though they're crappy at their best. MK, however, is still the best compared to Web Slingers.

We don't need to re-litigate that discussion but I fall on that end of things, you can't say "people think it's disappointing" about a land in Japan that hasn't allowed foreign travel yet.
I agree, I don't want to keep bringing it up. It just pisses me off when I see people bashing a ride that hardly anyone has actually ridden.

Once it is built in Hollywood and Orlando and everyone's given it a go, then you can gripe all over your theme park blog, until then, stop reviewing a poorly filmed POV

Same thing happened with Veloci, everyone released their think pieces about how it has a bad layout and pacing issues...then it opened..people rode it..and they ate crow

I agree, I don't want to keep bringing it up. It just pisses me off when I see people bashing a ride that hardly anyone has actually ridden.

Once it is built in Hollywood and Orlando and everyone's given it a go, then you can gripe all over your theme park blog, until then, stop reviewing a poorly filmed POV

Same thing happened with Veloci, everyone released their think pieces about how it has a bad layout and pacing issues...then it opened..people rode it..and they ate crow
Was there doubts for VC? I feel the hype was always high for that.

I don’t think SNW will disappoint amongst the GP, I can see my mum having a ball on all the SNW offerings we’ve seen thus far, and shes not a super big Nintendo fan.