Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Singapore)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
In hindsight, I should've created this when both this and Minion Park was revealed..but I digress.

To speak of a rumor, via Screamscape, SNW for Singapore will be a version more similar to that of Hollywood, with only one attraction (Mario Kart), the interactive features, and a shop/dining space.

Construction should begin alongside Minion Park, as both were announced at the same time, and reports via Dejiki have come that both the two lands will be replacing the Madagascar area.

For whatever it's worth, Themeparx is reporting that the project is "On Hold". I'm not sure how reliable the ThemeParx board is but it seems like they know their stuff about overseas park construction. I'm not too upset since I had planned a trip to the park to see the unique areas in the park before they get torn down but the trip is at risk due to you-know-what so hopefully they're still standing when I can reschedule!

For whatever it's worth, Themeparx is reporting that the project is "On Hold". I'm not sure how reliable the ThemeParx board is but it seems like they know their stuff about overseas park construction. I'm not too upset since I had planned a trip to the park to see the unique areas in the park before they get torn down but the trip is at risk due to you-know-what so hopefully they're still standing when I can reschedule!

More reliable than Screamscape where basically any rumour/news which is submitted to the site gets posted.

I think the whole 'same size as Hollywood' is probably a good guess. They simply don't have the space for anything bigger.

If SNW and Minion park are both replacing Madagascar, I wonder how they are going to fit both of those in since Singapore is very land locked. I already know Minion Mayhem is replacing the Madagascar boat ride, so the minion park will be at front portion of the land. Though I believe I also read that SNW will expand outward towards when the Sentosa sign is.

If SNW and Minion park are both replacing Madagascar, I wonder how they are going to fit both of those in since Singapore is very land locked. I already know Minion Mayhem is replacing the Madagascar boat ride, so the minion park will be at front portion of the land. Though I believe I also read that SNW will expand outward towards when the Sentosa sign is.

If I remember correctly, SNW will use the showbuilding of A Crate Adventure and the additional space near the waterfront; but Minion Park would then take the rest of the Madagascar area. Not sure where the divide is on how much Singapore will get, but the consensus has been of Singapore's being more closer to Hollywood than Orlando or Osaka's.

That is, assuming it gets built.

If I remember correctly, SNW will use the showbuilding of A Crate Adventure and the additional space near the waterfront; but Minion Park would then take the rest of the Madagascar area. Not sure where the divide is on how much Singapore will get, but the consensus has been of Singapore's being more closer to Hollywood than Orlando or Osaka's.

That is, assuming it gets built.
I am confused now. I read in many places Minion Mayhem would replace Crate Adventure. But if SNW did replace Crate Adventure, would Mario Kart use the show building or would it be for the interactive features of SNW?

The showbuilding for MK would be closer towards here (And this comes with the aid of Themeparx):

View attachment 15758
If the Mario Kart show building is expanding into the waterfront area which is being redesigned to hold said ride building How will Resorts World Sentosa deal with the monorail train track between what would be the area guests explore in SNW and the MK ride building? Maybe they could reroute the track like what Disney would do if they were to expand Hollywood Land at DCA If DL Forward gets approved or somehow keep the track intact and design the MK building in a way that allows the entry points to go above the train track which I think was mentioned in the Themeparx post but looking at a picture of the rock work it does not look tall enough at least at glance for a walkway to be installed though.

If the Mario Kart show building is expanding into the waterfront area which is being redesigned to hold said ride building How will Resorts World Sentosa deal with the monorail train track between what would be the area guests explore in SNW and the MK ride building? Maybe they could reroute the track like what Disney would do if they were to expand Hollywood Land at DCA If DL Forward gets approved or somehow keep the track intact and design the MK building in a way that allows the entry points to go above the train track which I think was mentioned in the Themeparx post but looking at a picture of the rock work it does not look tall enough at least at glance for a walkway to be installed though.

That's why I feel skeptical of this still being the plan, especially with how this park hasn't fully recovered. Or if it is the plan still, the land layout itself will be compromised in some way to let the monorail pass through. I don't think it’s possible to just carbon copy the Hollywood version, there just isn't a ton of space. However, Sentosa is already tearing up most of the island for improvements and there is a bus that will take you to Sentosa from where one would board the monorail to get over to the island via public transit so they could shut it down for a bit, but idk if you really can move it out of the way or how much money that would involve. Also there’s a tunnel for it tied into the entrance of the park and I’d imagine that would have to change. Either way they should start work on this as soon as possible while the island already is a construction site.

Last edited: