TEA/AECOM 2021 Attendance Report Now Online | Inside Universal Forums

TEA/AECOM 2021 Attendance Report Now Online

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GAcoaster

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
The 2021 numbers (as inaccurate as they may be were finally posted: Theme Index | AECOM

I don't understand why they're still ranking them based on 2019 numbers instead of the 2021 numbers...

For North America % change from 2020 and attendance:
1 MAGIC KINGDOM THEME PARK AT WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT, LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL, U.S. 83% 12,691,000
2 DISNEYLAND PARK AT DISNEYLAND RESORT, ANAHEIM, CA, U.S. 133% 8,573,000
3 DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM AT WALT DISNEY WORLD, LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL, U.S. 73% 7,194,000
4 EPCOT AT WALT DISNEY WORLD, LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL, U.S. 92% 7,752,000
5 DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD, LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL, U.S. 134% 8,589,000
6 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS FLORIDA AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO, FL, U.S. 119% 8,987,000
7 UNIVERSAL'S ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO, FL, U.S. 127% 9,077,000
8 DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PARK AT DISNEYLAND RESORT, ANAHEIM, CA, U.S. 159% 4,977,000
9 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD, UNIVERSAL CITY, CA, U.S. 324% 5,505,000
10 SEAWORLD ORLANDO, ORLANDO, FL U.S. 91% 3,051,000
11 KNOTT'S BERRY FARM, BUENA PARK, CA U.S. 354% 3,681,000
12 BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA BAY, TAMPA, FL U.S. 149% 3,210,000
13 CANADA'S WONDERLAND, MAPLE, ONTARIO, CANADA - 587,000
14 SEAWORLD SAN DIEGO, SAN DIEGO, CA, U.S. 146% 2,800,000
15 CEDAR POINT, SANDUSKY, OH, U.S. 187% 3,327,000
16 SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN, VALENCIA, CA, U.S. 344% 3,047,000
17 KINGS ISLAND, KINGS ISLAND, OH, U.S. 96% 3,181,000
18 SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE, JACKSON, NJ, U.S. 387% 2,913,000
19 HERSHEYPARK, HERSHEY, PA, U.S. 75% 3,012,000
20 SIX FLAGS GREAT AMERICA, GURNEE, IL, U.S. - 2,675,000

Big gains against Disney for Universal Orlando!

Reactions: shiekra38
If attendance at UOR really was so much higher than Disney last year, then they've honestly done a tremendous job with operations and keeping wait times manageable for the most part.

Meanwhile, Disney has felt more crowded while keeping a lot of entertainment offline, all while creeping up prices.

If attendance at UOR really was so much higher than Disney last year, then they've honestly done a tremendous job with operations and keeping wait times manageable for the most part.

Meanwhile, Disney has felt more crowded while keeping a lot of entertainment offline, all while creeping up prices.
Disney has felt more crowded in 2022. 2021 though? They were still pretty light on crowds and didn't even bring fireworks back until July at MK and Epcot and still seemed to be capping attendance low.

Bottom line, while i'm 100% sure Universal is making gains on Disney, you can't really look at these numbers and act like they are legitimate in any way. I know it's interesting to talk about because it's the only reported numbers we get, but at the end of the day, they basically just pull these numbers out of their ass.

Disney has felt more crowded in 2022. 2021 though? They were still pretty light on crowds and didn't even bring fireworks back until July at MK and Epcot and still seemed to be capping attendance low.

Bottom line, while i'm 100% sure Universal is making gains on Disney, you can't really look at these numbers and act like they are legitimate in any way. I know it's interesting to talk about because it's the only reported numbers we get, but at the end of the day, they basically just pull these numbers out of their ass.
tea.jpg

Prior to this year, even on busy days USF/IOA were manageable crowds.. but that has pretty much changed. Hagrid is a guaranteed 60+ min wait attraction.

Just this past weekend Kong, Hagrid, Velocicoaster were 90+ at the same time.

There's no reason why IOA is closing earlier than 9:00PM. It needs a proper nighttime show that can be seen by more than 100 people at a time and stage shows.

Reactions: Mad Dog
A lot of BIZARRE things that are actually not reflections of attendance are pulled into AECOM. From my understanding if a private event has a count that is submitted, that's taken into account, separate ticketed events also count, etc. I wouldn't go so far to say the numbers are made up, but they're also not fully a reflection of the parks.

In IOA, instead of a nighttime spectacular in the Lagoon. A cool nighttime parade parade (with fire) would be interesting. Start at JP head toward Toon Lagoon. Finish at Sindbad.

Reactions: WAJAS
In IOA, instead of a nighttime spectacular in the Lagoon. A cool nighttime parade parade (with fire) would be interesting. Start at JP head toward Toon Lagoon. Finish at Sindbad.

Why would they invest in a nighttime parade when operations will only keep the park open to 7/8 on most nights? lol

The nearly nightly buy outs have meant for now they are making the extra money from conventions and corporate gigs, but with more hotel rooms and the third/fourth park they may finally be forced to stay open later.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Can IOA handle a nighttime show?

2001 IOA could, but there was no Velocicoaster and literally half of the attendance

Probably yes? They just need to make it obvious it can be seen from various viewing areas rather than just the front at Port of Entry.

The big problem is since they use the lagoon as a retention pond the water level increase/decreases so they will have to design the show to float with barges or some other creative tech.

It had one called the Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle.

Which can only accommodate about 200 people at a time lol

It had one called the Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle.
I meant a central lagoon show...I thought the Hogwarts show(s) are great, but a cluster

To me Hogwarts show exposed how tightly designed IOA is, and how a true nighttime spectacular longer than 5 minutes would be a problem

Reactions: OrlandoGuy