Ted Lasso (Apple TV+) | Inside Universal Forums

Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jerroddragon

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2017
So binged this entire series on a my way to and a destination when traveling on a plane and its a great show. Might be one of my favorite shows ever and season two is right around the corner in July.

A small pitch on why you should watch it is because while the "plot" is about sports/football (soccer) its really about people. People who have issues and Ted try's with his positively and understanding to make people connect and become better versions of themselves. So if you have an Iphone should have a free trial of Apple TV and very much worth a watch.

I loved Season 1 so much. Can't wait for the next one. I watched it while staying in Universal actually. These shows get me so hooked, I can't travel without my Apple TV anymore when new episodes are dropping. :lol:

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I loved Season 1 so much. Can't wait for the next one. I watched it while staying in Universal actually. These shows get me so hooked, I can't travel without my Apple TV anymore when new episodes are dropping. :lol:
I also think its smart how quick Season 2 is coming out...here I am waiting 2ish years for the next Cobra Kai.

Really Wish Netflix could pump out seasons faster

Reactions: UNIrd
I also think its smart how quick Season 2 is coming out...here I am waiting 2ish years for the next Cobra Kai.

Agreed. Although Morning Show was Apple+ as well and that launched 11/1/19 with the app and Season 2 won't drop until around 2 years later as well.

Agreed. Although Morning Show was Apple+ as well and that launched 11/1/19 with the app and Season 2 won't drop until around 2 years later as well.
Weird

They have a few shows having a second season before even a year and think its a really smart way to go. Who wants to wait 2ish years for a new season of a show...also most are random so I have no idea when Dragon Prince or Strangers thing is (yeah yeah I know they have a timeline) but its just so random when they drop sometimes

Weird

They have a few shows having a second season before even a year and think its a really smart way to go. Who wants to wait 2ish years for a new season of a show...also most are random so I have no idea when Dragon Prince or Strangers thing is (yeah yeah I know they have a timeline) but its just so random when they drop sometimes
You do realize how big of a hurdle COVID was a major for the industry, right?

Some shows simply got lucky and had filming done long before it hit and then went into production again as soon as they were allowed, which is why some shows have longer delays than others currently.

Netflix is also juggling many big budget projects and simply has a different strategy of releasing for some of their bigger shows because they have so many. They aren’t in a rush on anything - Stranger Things is a prime example. The first season of ST came out in 2016 and there’s only been three seasons to date with season four probably not coming until next Spring/Summer I’d guess.

Cobra Kai was a YouTube original for the first two seasons. Then YouTube dropped their originals, so Netflix picked it up for season 3, which just premiered this year with season 4 already done filming so that could be coming late this year or early next year as well.

Ted Lasso is an amazing show and he is my hero. I can't wait to watch the new season. Going to rewatch season 1 soon.

I still haven't finished Season 1, but only due to just stopping for other shows and then forgetting to come back around. I'll probably binge the rest of Season 1 possibly as soon as today so I can move on.

Solid start to the season.

Excited to see how the New character effects Ted, hate Roy is not paying any more wish he retired after this season

Okay, I’m not done Season 1, but I think I just don’t like dramedy’s that much.

Before I move on, this is clearly good, well produced, well acted, well written.

But....... it’s not very funny?

I haven’t found myself laughing much at all. It’s an enjoyable watch, but for all the insane hype I’m just left here wondering what on earth it’s all about.

Maybe I just simply prefer a classic sitcom? I clearly am looking for more laughs then I’ll be getting I think. I just don’t find much standing out in this show that is so worth going to another streaming service for, and don’t get me started on Schmigadoon either.

Am I just having a shiz week and taking it out on Ted? Again, it’s so clearly not a bad program, I’m just still not sure the massive hype around it.

Okay, I’m not done Season 1, but I think I just don’t like dramedy’s that much.

Before I move on, this is clearly good, well produced, well acted, well written.

But....... it’s not very funny?

I haven’t found myself laughing much at all. It’s an enjoyable watch, but for all the insane hype I’m just left here wondering what on earth it’s all about.

Maybe I just simply prefer a classic sitcom? I clearly am looking for more laughs then I’ll be getting I think. I just don’t find much standing out in this show that is so worth going to another streaming service for, and don’t get me started on Schmigadoon either.

Am I just having a shiz week and taking it out on Ted? Again, it’s so clearly not a bad program, I’m just still not sure the massive hype around it.
I think Season 2 is more...funny than the first.

But the first is a really good set up, its a show that feels kinda different most of these people are good people. We have a million shows where the characters are crappy people and we laugh at them because of how bad they are like South Park, Simpsons, Always Sunny and Curb
Maybe wait and watch it when you feel a little better and maybe it will click but when I say this show last May it took me only a few days to watch all the episodes because I loved it