Terminator 2 3D - Deleted Scenes | Inside Universal Forums

Terminator 2 3D - Deleted Scenes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 9, 2013
The Netherlands
These are from my own site.

The film does have a few deleted and omitted scenes and some alternate shots when you compare the final film with the 2 workprints. I will post them all here.

DELETED SCENES
A filmed scene that was cut from the theatrical release. In this case the scenes were in the workprint but not in the final film that is shown in the attraction.

Terminator and John on motorcycle
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/deletedscenes/t23ddel01.html

A shot of Terminator and John on the motorcycle while looking back at the T-1000 they just shot in the head (and fell to the ground).

t23ddel01-01.jpg

t23ddel01-02.jpg

t23ddel01-03.jpg

t23ddel01-04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ALTERNATE SCENES
An alternate version of the scene shown in the theatrical release, to provide the director an alternate vision on the scene. These kind of scenes are also used to get passed the censorship for tv airings.

Mini-Hunter flight
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/deletedscenes/t23dalt01.html

Originally, the Mini-Hunters flew down into the parking in a different way. One notable shot is that originally one of the Mini-Hunters flies through the hole in the roof. In the final version, one of the Mini-Hunters drops down in front of the camera sideways of the parking structure (and not through the hole in the roof).

t23dalt01-01.jpg

t23dalt01-02.jpg

t23dalt01-03.jpg

t23dalt01-04.jpg

t23dalt01-05.jpg

t23dalt01-06.jpg

t23dalt01-07.jpg

t23dalt01-08.jpg

t23dalt01-09.jpg

OMITTED SCENES
A scripted scene that was removed from the script before it was filmed. An omitted scene is a scene that was never filmed. In this case the storyboards are some proof.

SKYNET exterior
www.hopeofthefuture.net/deletedscenes/t23domit01.html

More of SKYNET's exterior.

t23domit01-01.jpg

t23domit01-02.jpg

Original end fight - T-1000's form the T-1000000
http://www.thegoddardgroup.com/blog/index.php/terminator-2-3d-a-look-back-climatic-finale-scene/

Here’s an exclusive look at the original storyboards for T2/3D’s climactic finale scene! As seen here in these early concepts, an army of T-1000′s was to be frozen by the liquid nitrogen and then blown apart by the Terminator. The shattered pieces would then come together to form the T-1,000,000 creature currently seen in the show.

67836_10151254090344333_697447032_n.jpg

In fact, the HK is not omitted in the final attraction, just only scene for a brief second or two.  It was always odd to me that they did not focus what was shooting at Arnold and Jon after the T-1000 death.  But you do see it briefly.

In fact, the HK is not omitted in the final attraction, just only scene for a brief second or two.  It was always odd to me that they did not focus what was shooting at Arnold and Jon after the T-1000 death.  But you do see it briefly.
Interesting. I have never seen the Ground HK myself. Will have to find a good cam recording which shows it.

I think you're right Chris. Just found a bootleg recording of the show that features the Ground HK. Will check some more vids. Had not seen the Ground HK before. Not even in the show that I saw live for myself.

When i saw the "bootlegged" version on YouTube, i immediately noticed all the extra/different scenes/cuts. I'm really curious if Universal will ever release T23D on Blu-Ray....
I think they will release it on Bluray, specially with the 3D bluray hype. But only after the show has stopped in the remaining 2 Universal Studios parks who still have this show.

^ Maybe not necessarily. Shrek 4D got a DVD release, and although two of the rides closed, BTTF is on DVD with the Japan version still running.
Shrek 4D getting a release was the result of Universal dropping the ball of the possible DreamWorks acquisition. In short, Paramount bought the rights/DreamWorks and released the footage on DVD as a rebuttal to Universal management.

Universal Studios Japan shouldn't be included in any discussion concerning licensing in the United States either. Not only is it an international park from the U.S. perspective, it's operated by an independent company. Once Florida's version closes, there's a very real chance of the attraction getting a DVD or Blu-ray release.

My problem I see with this being released is that Universal does not distribute the Terminator films.  In order for this to happen, Universal would have to release a Blu Ray devoted to the attraction itself, which I have never seen Universal ever do before.  Think of the budget it would take to do this!  I doubt this will ever happen.

There is a behind the scenes short on a T2 DVD and Blu Ray.  That is all we will ever get.

Interestingly enough, NBCUniversal owns half of Studio Canel, which owns the rights to Terminator 2. The other half is owned by Vivendi, so Terminator is technically still a Universal property.

At least from what I've gathered.