Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Legacy of Leatherface (HHN 2024) | Inside Universal Forums

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Legacy of Leatherface (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Last edited:
Very exciting! Cool that it is taking place in the slaughterhouse we never saw in the original film, but in the original film timeline.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
One thing that's unexpectedly exciting about this house - using all the different versions of Leatherface means we'll be getting different characters in basically every scene. I don't think that's happened before for any of the slasher mazes. Kind of getting me pumped.

So far, this house is solving the main issue I've had with the other slasher repeat houses: the environment and vibe will be completely new and different from the previous mazes.

Edit:

Like look at all these different guys!

One thing that's unexpectedly exciting about this house - using all the different versions of Leatherface means we'll be getting different characters in basically every scene. I don't think that's happened before for any of the slasher mazes. Kind of getting me pumped.

So far, this house is solving the main issue I've had with the other slasher repeat houses: the environment and vibe will be completely new and different from the previous mazes.

Edit:

Like look at all these different guys!

Perfect fiftieth anniversary house for the franchise, and I love that Murdy in his talk kept referencing Back in Business, which to this day remains the most impactful haunt I've ever done.

Reactions: Clive
Watched the pitch and I don't know if the story entirely makes sense. I think the multiverse idea is fine, but it's the aspect of it running parallel with original movie and leading up to the opening kill. I'm not sure if all of that tracks -- why have it run parallel with the original? Why tease it's somewhat of a generational story, but it's not like the other Leatherfaces are siblings and/or part of the Sawyer family either (at the same time) or great relatives. Why not just let it be its own thing? How does any of that make sense? Why can't it just be a weird pocket thing in space and time where all the Leatherfaces exist at the same time in a slaughterhouse? Simple as that.

Obviously it's not that deep, but to go in depth on it, I'd expect a little more coherency in that narrative. In addition, it's mentioned several times it's the Sawyers slaughterhouse, but not every iteration of Leatherface and his family have the last name Sawyer. Things like that, as a fan, kinda bug me lol

I think this will be...okay. He offhand mentioned he's been chasing trying to recreate something as scary to be in as "Back in Business." Yes, it's the 50th anniversary of the original, but why not just...actually repeat Back in Business? I'd say 95% of the fans have not seen that version and have heard the stories about how great it was. Guess we have to wait "four more years."

Watched the pitch and I don't know if the story entirely makes sense. I think the multiverse idea is fine, but it's the aspect of it running parallel with original movie and leading up to the opening kill. I'm not sure if all of that tracks -- why have it run parallel with the original? Why tease it's somewhat of a generational story, but it's not like the other Leatherfaces are siblings and/or part of the Sawyer family either (at the same time) or great relatives. Why not just let it be its own thing? How does any of that make sense? Why can't it just be a weird pocket thing in space and time where all the Leatherfaces exist at the same time in a slaughterhouse? Simple as that.

Obviously it's not that deep, but to go in depth on it, I'd expect a little more coherency in that narrative. In addition, it's mentioned several times it's the Sawyers slaughterhouse, but not every iteration of Leatherface and his family have the last name Sawyer. Things like that, as a fan, kinda bug me lol

I think this will be...okay. He offhand mentioned he's been chasing trying to recreate something as scary to be in as "Back in Business." Yes, it's the 50th anniversary of the original, but why not just...actually repeat Back in Business? I'd say 95% of the fans have not seen that version and have heard the stories about how great it was. Guess we have to wait "four more years."
I would read it less as a logical story but more as a "best of" for the franchise to celebrate the 50th anniversary. The original film and the original Tobe Hooper films are the highlight, though the grimness of the 2003 reboot and the use of the meat factory is outstanding as a set piece. This merges those ideas. We get stellar characters from the original films like Drayton and Chop Top, but we also get the fun of seeing the various Leatherfaces. And I would read the, we are walking from the slaughterhouse into the beginning of the '74 film and the red room at the end, as just another homage and nod to fans who love this material.

Reactions: bdubsCEO
I love the original TCM film but it's been done so many times at HHN that it's hard for me to get excited. A pass for me.

You know, I hear multiverses are the hot stuff nowadays, just have a house where classic Leatherface fights remake Leatherface as the horror multiverse falls apart. That’ll sell like hotcakes that’s for sure.
Oh my god… in some way I was right!

• Haha
Reactions: Brian G.
It’s crazy how fans in here were hating on the idea of TCM coming back in the first place. The multiverse TCM house is a dope idea and this will arguably be the top HH for HHN 2024. Slasher is always in style. Facts.

Reactions: EAS