Thanksgiving Week | Inside Universal Forums

Thanksgiving Week

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 15, 2014
Hello,

Been reading this website for a few months, and finally decided to sign up and ask a question. My family is considering going to Universal Studios during the Thanksgiving week, most likely Monday the 24th. I know that many kids will most likely be out of school that week, so how crowded should we expect it to be? Would you expect summer like crowds on the Monday? 

Also, when do Christmas things start up at USH?

Thanks to all!

If last year is any indication, Thanksgiving week could be one of the busiest weeks at Universal. I'd expect moderate to severe crowds based on previous seasons.

Christmas or Grinchmas at Universal usually begins towards the end of November. You might see some decor on your visit as they ramp up for Grinchmas.

Hope this helps!

You should be better off on Monday.  Will it be empty, no, but it should not be terrible as everyone usually waits until the holiday.  Just don't even consider going on Wednesday or later.  Wednesday is gridlock central all throughout Los Angeles for traveling.