Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The 4-D Dosent Even Work Anymore

May 6, 2012
Tampa <---> Orlando
Today I got stuck in the rain and did Pirates 4D twice and basically none of the effects work at all except for the 3-D, Some Lighting Effects and Surround Sound. It is a shame to see it like this. Is this attraction going to kick the bucket soon. Or will it get a refurb.

It was gone for a while, and it just recently returned for some reason. The effects weren't working when I was there either. I really do hope they get rid of it anyways, I thought it was kind of dumb.

It was cool back in 1993 or whenever it debuted. They would be smart to put something new in this theatre to help eat capacity in Timbuktu for when Falcons Fury opens.

I don't know about this thing. I have only been on it a few times and it never actually worked right. Either blurry screen, sound out of sync, broken effects, or complete e-stop everyone out :lol: It can somehow even make you feel sicker than any of their roller coasters :pound: So I ended up just giving up on that ride all together.

Let me know if/when it would be worth giving a chance. Like I said it has always been in unwatchable quality for me, so I just don't know.

I don't know about this thing. I have only been on it a few times and it never actually worked right. Either blurry screen, sound out of sync, broken effects, or complete e-stop everyone out :lol: It can somehow even make you feel sicker than any of their roller coasters :pound: So I ended up just giving up on that ride all together.

Let me know if/when it would be worth giving a chance. Like I said it has always been in unwatchable quality for me, so I just don't know.

It isn't even worth a look its pretty old to still be playing, with movie being made in 1999. The 3D is very bad it doesn't even really have any scenes that have you going "wow so close I can touch it " also the projector uses film. So it isn't digital either. I think it will be leaving after Falcon's Fury is done with construction. It would be better if it got a serious update.

Last edited:
It isn't even worth a look its pretty old to still be playing, with movie being made in 1999. The 3D is very bad it doesn't even really have any scenes that have you going "wow so close I can touch it " also the projector uses film. So it isn't digital either. I think it will be leaving after Falcon's Fury is done with construction. It would be better if it got a serious update.

Someone stated above that it opened at SeaWorld Ohio back in 1997 so it was probably actually being produced in 96? But yeah the film just doesn't excite anymore.

Is it not the same Pirates 4-D theater/movie that came to SeaWorld Ohio? It has been so long since I've seen it (would have been…2 or 3 years before it became SFWoA), but definitely before 1999.

Not sure. I'm also not sure why it refers to the film as Pirates 3-D when in the parks its know as Pirates 4-D. But I definitely saw this film when I was a kid in 97.

Searching the web I'm finding numerous sources referring to the attraction at SeaWorld in 97 and Busch Gardens in 98.

Last edited:
We had this (after you) at Thorpe Park (UK) for a while, then they removed it, replaced it with a failure and now it's closed completely. I use to love it, and I still reckon I could mouth it word-for-word.

When you say "most of the actors in that film are dead", what ones are? I know Captain Lucky is no longer with us but I thought everyone else is very much alive/staring in Pirates of the Caribbean?

We had this (after you) at Thorpe Park (UK) for a while, then they removed it, replaced it with a failure and now it's closed completely. I use to love it, and I still reckon I could mouth it word-for-word.

When you say "most of the actors in that film are dead", what ones are? I know Captain Lucky is no longer with us but I thought everyone else is very much alive/staring in Pirates of the Caribbean?

You are right. Leslie Neilson and Rodney Dangerfield are the two actors dead. Most are still alive from the show.

This was a good show for an early 90s 4-D show era for parks that were not Disney or Universal. But now, it does not hold up so well.

The idea is essentially Treasure Island meets Home Alone.

I remember a while ago there was a somewhat cool 4D lighthouse show in Timbuktu theater. I prefer that over Pirates.

R.L. Stines Haunted Lighthouse!

I remember a while ago there was a dolphin show there. Was somewhat cool.

Wow. I forgot about Haunted Lighthouse. That was pretty lame too. The Sesame Street one in BGW/USJ isn't so bad.