The Batman | Inside Universal Forums

The Batman

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been officially announced at Cinemacon that a brand new Batman Spinoff will be released, with Ben Affleck directing.

No other word as of yet, but this story will continue to develop.

...is anyone else getting really tired of Batman? :look::bolt:

I'd say that Ben really has the chance to do something special with the caped crusader; without Snyder. Hes a talented filmmaker, and a under-appreciated actor for some people; as I can't wait to see what storyline they pull, albeit if its Jason Todd or not.

I think this is like doing the amazing spiderman so shortly after the toby spiderman trilogy. Overkill and not going to be able to live up to the Nolan Trilogy.

I think this is like doing the amazing spiderman so shortly after the toby spiderman trilogy. Overkill and not going to be able to live up to the Nolan Trilogy.

Would you say the same with the MCU and they're rebooting of Spiderman? To me, I put it as this.

As long as they aren't covering their origins (which seems like whats being rumored for MCU Spidey and Panther), then hell, have the characters in a new light; DC or Marvel.

Would you say the same with the MCU and they're rebooting of Spiderman? To me, I put it as this.

As long as they aren't covering their origins (which seems like whats being rumored for MCU Spidey and Panther), then hell, have the characters in a new light; DC or Marvel.

I'm just saying that as successful as the Nolan trilogy was, its way too soon for a reboot. It would be like a couple years after infinity war, rebooting Ironman and the Avengers.

Personally I would've been interested in a solo Batman film directed by Affleck, I think he could've done a fine job.

Though of course with the announcement he's not, it does remind me I did hear blurbs that he was thinking about not directing the film due to higher ups wanting to *surprise surprise* rush the production. If that's the case, then once again those in charge of this whole universe don't have a single clue how to properly do it.

He stated he wouldn't do Batman aka direct it if the script wasn't good. So I'm guessing that's the case and they are using studio lingo to cover his butt.

Ben not directing probably means he doesn't want to attach his name to the project. Not a good sign. He has a good directing record and wants to keep it that way I'm sure.

Ben not directing probably means he doesn't want to attach his name to the project. Not a good sign. He has a good directing record and wants to keep it that way I'm sure.

He say's that he'll be mainly just acting the character instead of directing, so technically; he isn't completely gone from the project (contractual, probably).