The Better Places in CityWalk? | Inside Universal Forums

The Better Places in CityWalk?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 29, 2013
Hey everyone,

Got some help from Drew with my hotel reservations for my upcoming trip in June. Was hoping maybe you all could point me in the right direction for some good fun and eats in CityWalk while we are there.

We are staying a Saturday through the next Wednesday. We will be walking distance to CityWalk. Have our daughter Saturday and Wednesday only in which we are doing park days for both ( She's visiting her grandma during the in between days ). So my wife and I will have some much needed adult time to ourselves in between. What is everyone's must sees for fun and food while there?

I always like dinner at Latin Quarter one night. We always set aside a night for dinner at Tchoup Tchop over at the Royal Pacific. Mini golf is a must. My favorite places to grab drinks from are beers (and a cigar) from Cigarz, hurricanes at Pat O'Brians or a Fat Tuesday at the bar near the boat docks.

Great advice. Is the mini golf a good date night for my wife and I? Or should I save it for a night we have our daughter? I heard Tchoup is great and look forward to a drink at the places you mentioned.

How old is your daughter? If she is old enough, you could do it as a family, but you could also grab a drink and head to the course as a date night. There are 2 courses....you could always do one course with your daughter and then go another night with the wife.
Tchoup is amazing! For what you get, I think its a decent price too. Last month I got the chef's tasting menu. It was a shrimp app, a fish entree, beef entree and dessert. $60. Not a bad deal at all considering all the awesome food you get.

She is 6, going on 7, so it would be right alley. We really only have the chance to take her Saturday and she might be a bit tired after a long day at US. Think I will save that for a date night with dinner and drinks. Looking it over, I might prefer the Haunted course. Thoughts on one vs the other?

That does sounds great a Tchoup. Have to be careful though, the wife has an allergy to shellfish! :down:

I like the alien course better, wife likes the Haunted course. :thumbs: So I don't think you can go wrong since they are both great.
My wife has a mango allergy and they had a mango sauce on a dish my wife wanted to get one time. We told the waiter to just hold off on the sauce and after he spoke to the chef, we found out the chef made a totally separate batch of the sauce for my wife without mango. It was pretty awesome.

For dinner one night, I always recommend Mama Della's Ristorante at the Portofino Bay. Quaint little eatery that you don't need to dress up for, has great Italian dishes that are perfection, and strolling musicians serenade the diners. For an added bonus, make sure to dine after the sun has set and ask to sit in the restaurant's outside courtyard area, to watch the beauty of the hotel light up as you eat.

If you like drinks, which most people do, I really recommend the Velvet Lounge at Hard Rock Hotel for Happy Hour. They have signature drinks for $6.

For dinner one night, I always recommend Mama Della's Ristorante at the Portofino Bay. Quaint little eatery that you don't need to dress up for, has great Italian dishes that are perfection, and strolling musicians serenade the diners. For an added bonus, make sure to dine after the sun has set and ask to sit in the restaurant's outside courtyard area, to watch the beauty of the hotel light up as you eat.
A big positive yes on Mama's at Portofino, a short romantic boat ride away. ....Also dine in the open courtyard at Pat O'Briens. Great ambiance & Hurricanes. And a great piano bar.....Margaritaville, Hard Rock, Bob Marley's & Gumps are also great choices. Can't go wrong at Citi Walk.

I enjoy taking a break from the parks at Margaritaville, either at the bar or table, and just relaxing. When I'm at the bar, my g/f and I enjoy a couple drinks and an appetizer and it's always a good time.

For a night for fun, as Jake said, definitely go to Rising Star.

If you like Karoake you HAVE to go to Rising Star. I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't love Rising Star.

I second this! Last weekend I took my friend to CityWalk after her birthday, and since we have APs, we got into all the clubs free (no cover), so we did all of them. Our favorite spots were Rising Star and The Groove.

Also, regarding the mini golf, I preferred the Alien side and so did my teenage brother.

The Mini-Golf is fun, and looks cool.. but I thought it was a little too much considering how easy it is. It's still definitely fun. I prefer the Haunted course, but the Alien one definitely looks cooler at night.

Margaritaville is a great chill spot.. easy going, fun, great food. Highly recommended.

You can't go wrong with the Whopper Bar, Bubba Gumps and Pastamore. Hard Rock and Margaritavilla are pretty good too. If you have the time, make sure you take in a film at the AMC theater there, it's super nice and they normally have a large selection of films to choose from. I also find the green (the steps at the end of Citywalk overlooking the lagoon) is a good place to catch your breath or just take in the atmosphere.

EDIT: I would also recommend the mini-golf if you're into that kind of thing. Go with the Haunting of Ghostly Greens course (Gotta love the Halloween music!)

Do the italian restaurant at portifino, best place for food and atmosphere and a nice quiet setting for the family.

Thanks guys, these are all fantastic ideas. After this, we will definitely be having dinner at the Italian restaurant at Portifino, Margaritaville, and Rising Star. Anyone recommend reservations? Will be doing these things Sunday and Monday night.

Great, will make them right away.

Side note, since meeting my wife I have started eating much cleaner. Wonder, since its vacation, if I can convince her on a trip to the Whopper Bar. Anyone know if they still have the 'Angry' Whopper?

What a guy BJ! :thumbs: Set the reservation for 7:30. Hopefully the sun sets soon after and we get to see the hotel light up.