Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Circle of Life Closed Forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the footage used in the show was actually from the 1982 opening day show "Symbiosis", so yeah, it was definitely time for it to go. Supposedly the proposed show to go in here is a DisneyNature film. Whenever they feel like getting around to it. We'll see if this move actually has an affect on the existing Disney on Broadway area in World Showcase or not.

Some of the footage used in the show was actually from the 1982 opening day show "Symbiosis", so yeah, it was definitely time for it to go. Supposedly the proposed show to go in here is a DisneyNature film. Whenever they feel like getting around to it. We'll see if this move actually has an affect on the existing Disney on Broadway area in World Showcase or not.
You misspelled DVC Lounge

You misspelled DVC Lounge
The are a ton of locations that are built simply for lounges that few people even know about spread all around Epcot. Almost every country has one and all pavilions in Future World have one. Is it hurting you that there's ONE Lounge location for members who pay a decent amount to Disney every year and it's put in a space that's otherwise not being used other than for storage? Sure, that used to be a guest area, but Disney isn't going to put the money into making it that again (if they ever do) until they refurbish the ride. The lounge will go away when the attraction gets a refurb, but unfortunately, that's not in the cards right now.

Simply put, the joke is getting old.

The are a ton of locations that are built simply for lounges that few people even know about spread all around Epcot. Almost every country has one and all pavilions in Future World have one. Is it hurting you that there's ONE Lounge location for members who pay a decent amount to Disney every year and it's put in a space that's otherwise not being used other than for storage? Sure, that used to be a guest area, but Disney isn't going to put the money into making it that again (if they ever do) until they refurbish the ride. The lounge will go away when the attraction gets a refurb, but unfortunately, that's not in the cards right now.

Simply put, the joke is getting old.
I mean, you're opening a can of worms with that argument..I was making a joke..but if you want to go down that road, I suppose we could...Why don't you start a new thread?

I mean, you're opening a can of worms with that argument..I was making a joke..but if you want to go down that road, I suppose we could...Why don't you start a new thread?
A "Lounges of Epcot" thread could be interesting. Many have gone through changed over the years. The reason there are so many is because when Epcot was built, it was built mostly with Sponsors, so every sponsor got their own Lounge built alongside the attraction they were sponsoring. Many can be seen from guest view, they just aren't incredibly obvious if you aren't looking.

A "Lounges of Epcot" thread could be interesting. Many have gone through changed over the years. The reason there are so many is because when Epcot was built, it was built mostly with Sponsors, so every sponsor got their own Lounge built alongside the attraction they were sponsoring. Many can be seen from guest view, they just aren't incredibly obvious if you aren't looking.
Yes, Epcot pavilions seem to sink into forgotten land once the sponsor runs off

Yes, Epcot pavilions seem to sink into forgotten land once the sponsor runs off
I wouldn't go that far, although it is bad in many cases. Sponsorships at Epcot is actually very rare nowadays though. Since Siemens left both SSE and Illuminations, the only attractions with sponsors are Test Track, Colortopia, the other thing in Innoventions, Living With the Land, and... that's pretty much it. Now World Showcase is pretty much a mall so there are a ton of third party vendors out there that operate shops and restaurants, but that's slightly different from what i'm talking about here.

The only Pavilion that has fully gone to "forgotten land" though is Wonders of Life - still one too many. If you count Innoventions as a pavilion, then it happened there too (all sponsorships ended, Disney shuttered the place). The mess with Imagination all happened with Kodak sponsoring the pavilion however, so a sponsorship doesn't guarantee something will happen.

Lately, Epcot has had to adjust to the era we are living in in which you can advertise your product online for much cheaper than the cost of sponsorship at WDW. This typically means more IPs in the parks. Look at things currently announced - Guardians and Ratatouille. Of the things unannounced that are rumored - Mary Poppins and Brazil - Brazil is the only thing with Sponsorship. Everything else new without sponsorship though is planned to be based on IPs.

That is sad. On one hand, it wasn’t all that good. On another, it was in 70mm and it’s one of the few 70mm presentations at the park.

I’d make a joke that a DVC promo would be better than Circle of Life, but the show wasn’t bad enough to warrant it. There’s still something in development for this theater, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.