Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera Memorial Thread

My absolute favorite Universal ride, next to The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Doom's Fearfall, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, Dueling Dragons, and T2 3D: Battle Across Time... I am a huge Hanna-Barbera fan so seeing all the characters in this ride is pretty cool... Dino only made a cameo and I don't think Huck Hound appears in this ride... neither do Space Ghost or Birdman...

Did you know Universal wanted to buy Hanna-Barbera so that's why they put this ride in? They still sometimes pull out the Scooby-Doo walkaround character for events and stuff... Of course, we all know Ted Turner bought HB, and then WB bought Turner... making it the best family in the world (will only be complete if they buy the post-1986 MGM library from Amazon...)

I miss the days of when Hanna-Barbera used to be commonplace in amusement parks... this, the Paramount Parks, and Camp Cartoon Network at SFGAm made HB a universal force that could not be stopped... nowadays, all kids know is Scooby-Doo, and if you're lucky, the Flintstones (from the vitamins, cereal, and that one Dino kiddie ride that seems to be everywhere...)