Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

This is more HHN related but this rumor from Screamscape is pretty wild. Grain of salt and all that.

"While two weeks lead-time may be just enough time to slap together a low-quality extra haunt experience in the Fast & Furious queue, that really isn’t how Universal works. Plus remember that Fast & Furious is expected to reopen to daytime guests as an attraction on Sunday morning, November 3rd, which does not give them time to move-out the contents of a real haunt and restore any Fast & Furious content into place in a matter of hours. While some may speculation that perhaps they were just going to use the F&F queue space for a haunt elsewhere, this is also unlikely as the only space that might be made available for a haunt, would be inside the Fast & Furious ride itself. But with F&F reopening the next morning, there isn’t time for this to take place… or is there?
Readers may recall that I’ve also mentioned that Universal Orlando was working up ideas to create another annual festival event, a sort of Universal themed fan-fest to celebrate past Universal attractions and IPs that have been retired, such as Back to the Future, Jaws, Beetlejuice, GhostBusters, etc. Inspired by the “Universal Cool Japan” events that have been extremely popular at the Osaka park, Universal was also looking to create some temporary attraction overlays for their own event in Orlando, that is being eyeballed to fit into weeks between Mardi Gras and the start of the busy Summer season.
One of the rumored attraction overlays concepts that Screamscape was told about would see Universal reprogram the existing Fast & Furious immersive tunnel experience to take on a new temporary Jaws inspired theme. Sure, the guests would still be riding the F&F style party-busses but once in the immersive tunnel, the new projected media and motion-base under the vehicles would easily be able to create a new virtual experience. After all, the exact same technology is already being used over at Islands of Adventure for Skull Island: Reign of Kong. The interesting thing is that if such an idea was used to create a temporary attraction for Halloween Horror Nights here in Orlando, it wouldn’t have to be JAWS themed, they could create any kind of crazy experience they want to tie in with just about any spooky IP concept they can dream up. "

This is more HHN related but this rumor from Screamscape is pretty wild. Grain of salt and all that.

"While two weeks lead-time may be just enough time to slap together a low-quality extra haunt experience in the Fast & Furious queue, that really isn’t how Universal works. Plus remember that Fast & Furious is expected to reopen to daytime guests as an attraction on Sunday morning, November 3rd, which does not give them time to move-out the contents of a real haunt and restore any Fast & Furious content into place in a matter of hours. While some may speculation that perhaps they were just going to use the F&F queue space for a haunt elsewhere, this is also unlikely as the only space that might be made available for a haunt, would be inside the Fast & Furious ride itself. But with F&F reopening the next morning, there isn’t time for this to take place… or is there?
Readers may recall that I’ve also mentioned that Universal Orlando was working up ideas to create another annual festival event, a sort of Universal themed fan-fest to celebrate past Universal attractions and IPs that have been retired, such as Back to the Future, Jaws, Beetlejuice, GhostBusters, etc. Inspired by the “Universal Cool Japan” events that have been extremely popular at the Osaka park, Universal was also looking to create some temporary attraction overlays for their own event in Orlando, that is being eyeballed to fit into weeks between Mardi Gras and the start of the busy Summer season.
One of the rumored attraction overlays concepts that Screamscape was told about would see Universal reprogram the existing Fast & Furious immersive tunnel experience to take on a new temporary Jaws inspired theme. Sure, the guests would still be riding the F&F style party-busses but once in the immersive tunnel, the new projected media and motion-base under the vehicles would easily be able to create a new virtual experience. After all, the exact same technology is already being used over at Islands of Adventure for Skull Island: Reign of Kong. The interesting thing is that if such an idea was used to create a temporary attraction for Halloween Horror Nights here in Orlando, it wouldn’t have to be JAWS themed, they could create any kind of crazy experience they want to tie in with just about any spooky IP concept they can dream up. "

I'm not sure about the confusion surrounding HHN? There's been a house in the F&F queue the last two years, WHILE the ride was open for the season lol

If Supercharged is closed during HHN season, it’s to save money by going seasonal and not to utilize the ride for a house.

It helps cut down on TM hours as queue operations and signage does not have to be adjusted before and after the event each day to prepare for daytime ride operations.

But just cause they don’t have to adjust queue for daytime, doesn’t mean they’re utilizing the HHN space any drastically different than the last two years.

Although I have heard it may be shifted a little within the queue spaces, i don’t think that automatically means it’ll take over the ride areas in some way.

If Supercharged is closed during HHN season, it’s to save money by going seasonal and not to utilize the ride for a house.

It helps cut down on TM hours as queue operations and signage does not have to be adjusted before and after the event each day to prepare for daytime ride operations.

But just cause they don’t have to adjust queue for daytime, doesn’t mean they’re utilizing the HHN space any drastically different than the last two years.

Although I have heard it may be shifted a little within the queue spaces, i don’t think that automatically means it’ll take over the ride areas in some way.
At least it’s a good sign that eventually SOMETHING will be done with this space. Has there ever been an attraction that escaped seasonal operations for long?

At least it’s a good sign that eventually SOMETHING will be done with this space. Has there ever been an attraction that escaped seasonal operations for long?
Horizons? Think it closed in 1994/95 with sporadic openings, didn't permanently close until 1999.

I'm just interested how NAPA responds to an attraction sponsor closing 3-4 months out of the year.

There's a "State Farm Jake" commercial with Ludicris now. This ride is so bad that when we see it, we react as we do when he says "Go on and act a foo".

Bwahahahaha, :lmao:

That's a quote of our reaction on each and every ride. Sometimes we say, "He said act a foo bwahahhaha".

So, in short, this attraction has brought so much joy to my life. :D

I think Doc Brown turning those vehicles into large time machines and doing a tour of Universal Studios Florida circa 1990-91 would be awesome.
I'm just thinking of the completely impractical impossible task of trying to recreate zipping through retro Universal lol

Good luck to the graphic designers who would have to somehow do it. Fun idea. But ow my brain