The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If there're going to go the route of a theater show, they should take a page from that abandoned Main Street theater announced for Magic Kingdom back in 2017 so you can change out the production from time to time. You could even do holiday themed shows as well.
I'd argue a retheme of the area to NY (*for that it'd be funny*) but with a Ghostbusters show. If what Alicia brought up is true with the IP Licensing deal occuring; I would argue a Ghostbusters stage show that mixes Untrainable, Bourne, and the USF Spooktacular show in one package would be a hell of a good way to attract people in.

Especially if you use the projection mapping technology introduced with DWT.

Alternatively--a retheme to "Modern Hollywood" to compliment the classical "Art-Deco/Mission Revival" styles of Universal Plaza and Main Street is also a great angle, with a show based around that of a Universal IP (like say, a Shrek musical show similar to Aladdin from DCA back in the day).

Shows should still be Universal. And while I think the next few attractions should be attractions/rides, USH needs to fill the hole that is the loss of Animal Actors and SES. And F&F while helping things; will not be the be all, end all. I've talked with a few and I do think fixing the angle of USH being a "Shows Park" is a good idea; but it can't just be a "Rides Park" either.

You need that balance. And I think that is the most important thing that needs to be figured out.

I'd argue a retheme of the area to NY (*for that it'd be funny*) but with a Ghostbusters show. If what Alicia brought up is true with the IP Licensing deal occuring; I would argue a Ghostbusters stage show that mixes Untrainable, Bourne, and the USF Spooktacular show in one package would be a hell of a good way to attract people in.

Alternatively--a retheme to "Modern Hollywood" to compliment the classical "Art-Deco/Mission Revival" styles of Universal Plaza and Main Street is also a great angle, with a show based around that of a Universal IP (like say, a Shrek musical show similar to Aladdin from DCA back in the day).

Shows should still be Universal. And while I think the next few attractions should be attractions/rides, USH needs to fill the hole that is the loss of Animal Actors and SES. And F&F while helping things; will not be the be all, end all. I've talked with a few and I do think fixing the angle of USH being a "Shows Park" is a good idea; but it can't just be a "Rides Park" either.

You need that balance. And I think that is the most important thing that needs to be figured out.
But I don’t want a Ghostbusters stage show. I want a RIDE.

But if we’re going to see a show there of some sort (Which I agree is something we’ll likely see) then Bourne is probably what’s going there.

Reactions: mccgavin
But if we’re going to see a show there of some sort (Which I agree is something we’ll likely see) then Bourne is probably what’s going there.
I am gonna counter Bourne directly by a bigger aspect (and I'll use Ghostbusters as a base example, don't consider it as if I know all):

Would you want to see a show that relies more on special effects; digital media; and peppers tricks, that wouldn't require as much of Action Horizons having to worry about an armory? Or would you want to cannibalize the WaterWorld Stunt Teams, reducing the usefulness of that show in turn.

I've been of the belief that there is simply no -practical- sense for both WW and Bourne to co-exist in the same park; due to the costs of equipment, armories, and similarities that the two shows have.

Last edited:
A Ghost Busters Show would be very welcome, the line for the House at HHN was insaneeeeeeee

I'd love a ride but.....I'd assume if USH was going to add a Ghost ride....it would be Luigi Mansion because we know other parks are rumored to get that ride as well plus you can have them link to the Nintendo bands.

I've been of the belief that there is simply no -practical- sense for both WW and Bourne to co-exist in the same park; due to the costs of equipment, armories, and similarities that the two shows have.
I don't know, they're both different enough to co-exist. One is on dry land, the other is at sea. But yea, Ghostbusters would be good too though.

Of course we could just gut DM & have Bourne reclaim the T23D space :devil:

Of course we could just gut DM & have Bourne reclaim the T23D space :devil:
As someone who loved T23D, DMMM is a perfect fit for USH that needs updates. Fight me.
e9d9d40eef4ab994670c08524e35bbdb.gif

I am gonna counter Bourne directly by a bigger aspect (and I'll use Ghostbusters as a base example, don't consider it as if I know all):

Would you want to see a show that relies more on special effects; digital media; and peppers tricks, that wouldn't require as much of Action Horizons having to worry about an armory? Or would you want to cannibalize the WaterWorld Stunt Teams, reducing the usefulness of that show in turn.

I don't hate the idea of a SFX show at all, but I would argue that USH could really use something like the Monster Make-Up show at USF. It doesn't take up much space, significantly lower in cost to run than a stunt show, would provide much-needed live entertainment, and fill the void of a "studio" show. I think it's small enough where you can build that in the same plot as whatever new attraction they would build in Simpsons. We can have both a new ride and a small show! I think USH should consider the plot of land wisely and think outside the box here. They kinda had their chance to do something like this with F&F, but unfortunately they kinda fumbled that. That's what they should do, but I don't see USH putting a small show and another attraction there.

Again, I would not mind a pepper's ghost-heavy SFX show, especially since we lost Mystery Lodge, but if you're going to add a Ghostbusters ride....make it a full-blown ride. Besides, I think a SFX/Pepper's ghost show would be an ideal replacement for the Parisian Courtyard, but themed to Sing or something.
As someone who loved T23D, DMMM is a perfect fit for USH that needs updates. Fight me.
e9d9d40eef4ab994670c08524e35bbdb.gif
I didn't hate Minion Mayhem back when it was in 3D. Now without it....what's the point?

I don't hate the idea of a SFX show at all, but I would argue that USH could really use something like the Monster Make-Up show at USF. It doesn't take up much space, significantly lower in cost to run than a stunt show, would provide much-needed live entertainment, and fill the void of a "studio" show. I think it's small enough where you can build that in the same plot as whatever new attraction they would build in Simpsons. We can have both a new ride and a small show! I think USH should consider the plot of land wisely and think outside the box here. They kinda had their chance to do something like this with F&F, but unfortunately they kinda fumbled that. That's what they should do, but I don't see USH putting a small show and another attraction there.

Again, I would not mind a pepper's ghost-heavy SFX show, especially since we lost Mystery Lodge, but if you're going to add a Ghostbusters ride....make it a full-blown ride. Besides, I think a SFX/Pepper's ghost show would be an ideal replacement for the Parisian Courtyard, but themed to Sing or something.

I didn't hate Minion Mayhem back when it was in 3D. Now without it....what's the point?
And trust me I agree--which is why I used it primarily as an example. A potentiality of what shows could actually do to attract people in; without it being something that draws a heavy amount of people to it.

And honestly, I do wonder how things will play out with infrastructure; as they will have to additionally deal with the ADA transit once 2028 comes. Honestly surprised that isn't being tackled now.

Reactions: Freak

If USH got a theater to replace Simpsons that can swap out productions, I know they will obviously prioritize productions based on Universal IPs. But it is possible that we could maybe see productions based on franchises that Universal doesn't own directly, like let's say A Christmas Carol during the holiday season?

If USH got a theater to replace Simpsons that can swap out productions, I know they will obviously prioritize productions based on Universal IPs. But it is possible that we could maybe see productions based on franchises that Universal doesn't own directly, like let's say A Christmas Carol during the holiday season?
I’m convinced you’re from the future, because you seem to know a lot of stuff we don’t.