The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You could just as easily say they should build a ride based on riding on the back of Lapras, or journeying through the Pokémon world on a bicycle.
ET but Pokémon? Yes! No matter what form it takes it should be a AA-packed ride with few screens, whether it's a boat ride, something like a SCOOP, or even an ET-style ride.

Like I think back to SNW on how they translated the games into real life. If you think about the most iconic modes of transport in a Mario game what immediately comes to mind is riding on Yoshi or in a Kart, which is exactly the two rides we got at Super Nintendo World. Same for Donkey Kong and the obvious answer being a ride in a Minecart.
For me it's less about the mode of transportation and more about what we're doing on that ride (observer vs. participant). I'm not going to delve deep into it here but for MK there's been solid arguments made about the necessity of goggles and game mechanic getting in the way of what could be a fantastic straightforward dark ride. As a fan I don't want to play PKMN on a theme park ride, I want to sit down and gawk stupidly at everything without having to push buttons or some other gimmick but at this point it sounds like the rumors are pointing to interactivity being a part of the ride.

Even if they're not replicas the ride opening in Japan will probably be a good indication of the direction they're going to go with the ride in Orlando. At least when it comes to set design and scenery MK/SNW has proven a solid case so I know no matter what it should look stunning.

No matter what form it takes it should be a AA-packed ride with few screens
It should be, yes.

Will it be?
giphy.gif

Possibly, but I'm not complaining. It's good to differentiate offerings between the parks. USJ has space constraints for this ride that Orlando will not, so I'm hoping we could get something more grand in scope.
Plus if they went with what USJ is getting, it would be almost identical to MIB which is literally right next door.

Reactions: TylerG
Regardless of how USJ is building their Pokemon attraction between fitting it into the Spidey building and working with the MiB ride vehicles, I am incredibly happy to hear that we will not have to worry about Pokemon being Frozen Ever After'd worldwide. Pokemon deserves a ride designed from the ground up and solely built for its individual needs, rather than shoving a Pikachu-shaped IP through a Spidersymbol-shaped hole.