Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

Springfield was also mysteriously absent from the new USH website page showcasing every land in the park, adding fuel to the fire. Not sure if it’s also absent on UO’s website.

Not surprised. :laughing:

They also have CityWalk as a themed land, Mummy isn't included, and Special Effects and Animal Actors are still open. The rumor mill is only churning on this because people need views. I do believe Simpsons did reopen at USH today.
Mummy I also believe is on the way out at USH. USH's did not get the same massive refurbishment USF's did and there is speculation USH is looking to level the soundstages next to mummy for theme park expansion.

Mummy I also believe is on the way out at USH. USH's did not get the same massive refurbishment USF's did and there is speculation USH is looking to level the soundstages next to mummy for theme park expansion.

Mummy just got a massive refurbishment to the exterior, especially the roof. That was also a rumor from clickbaiters. It’s not going anywhere for now.

Also, some inconsequential poster on ThemeParkInsider Discussion forum, who has previously stated he has a learning disability, posted like he had insider info that it was closing , even though he has no background of insightful posts. Some posters here quoted that post and made it seem like Robert Niles made that closing statement, which he did not. And then the echo chamber continued with a couple posters here using that opinion from some minor forum poster on TPI as gospel of a Simpsons/Springfield shutdown....,.,and that's how stories get out of hand

Mummy just got a massive refurbishment to the exterior, especially the roof. That was also a rumor from clickbaiters. It’s not going anywhere for now.
USH is strapped for space and management has show they are willing to take out soundstages like they did for SNW. The soundstages next to Mummy did not have their roofs redone. IF they ever wanted to expand the lower lot they can build around Mummy. Or Mummy's replacement will be housed in the same building.

USH is strapped for space and management has show they are willing to take out soundstages like they did for SNW. The soundstages next to Mummy did not have their roofs redone. IF they ever wanted to expand the lower lot they can build around Mummy. Or Mummy's replacement will be housed in the same building.

That's not the convo we're having right now, though. It's about Simpsons.

I have noticed Simpsons aren’t really used in any marketing for the resort at all. You can’t buy Simpsons merch on the Universal Orlando store website. Now they’re missing from Hollywood’s website. Are these contractual restrictions? From an outsider’s perspective, you probably wouldn’t even know they were in the park.

I have noticed Simpsons aren’t really used in any marketing for the resort at all. You can’t buy Simpsons merch on the Universal Orlando store website. Now they’re missing from Hollywood’s website. Are these contractual restrictions? From an outsider’s perspective, you probably wouldn’t even know they were in the park.

We get it. You are looking for any reason to support your idea that The Simpsons are halfway out the door so that something new can come in. The reality does not reflect that.

The USH omission is either an error, an approvals hiccup (the same thing happened with land designations in Orlando), or both.

No idea about merch online, but there's plentiful merch available on both coasts. In Hollywood, they have whole sections in both the in-park and Citywalk Universal stores. The music is played out front. They are prominently featured.

Mechanical issues with the ride aside, there is no reason to believe The Simpsons are going anywhere in the next few years.

We get it. You are looking for any reason to support your idea that The Simpsons are halfway out the door so that something new can come in. The reality does not reflect that.
Dude I’m trying to get away from the speculation that the thread (myself included) has been caught on. Just asking a question for those more in the know about the facts and restrictions of the Simpsons contract. No need to be rude about it.

Lol you guys are ridiculous. The very first page of this thread has an article written by/for this site propagating the rumor everyone’s crapping on now.

That's not quite accurate. The article talks about the stipulations (public and rumored) of the contract and likely scenarios for the future.

The rumor currently going around is Simpsons and Springfield are closing very soon because Hollywood's version has been closed for repair for a few days. The rumor comes from an overreaction to the closure. No one is saying the Simpsons is unquestionably safe, just that it's not imminently closing.

Once Epic Universe opens, THEN we can discuss possibly the Simpsons Ride leaving. I think they’re more concerned about opening up their third park first over replacing the Simpsons Ride

Same with Hollywood. I think USH has a few fish to fry before dealing with replacing the Simpsons first (F&F, DK, and Bourne)
Universal's long term plan goes out to the next 10-12 years. If they are indeed doing something with Simpsons, then it's already being mapped out.

Between here and the Hollywood thread, I've seen some people suggest the possibility that Disney may allow the contract to be extended as it would benefit both parties. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. For all intents and purposes, Disney has gone all-in on establishing The Simpsons as one of their brands, shown by the constant release of new shorts on Disney+ that actually feature legacy characters.

Heck, Disney seemingly won't even let Universal use Fox horror films for HHN anymore and those are IPs that would NEVER be seen at the former's parks (outside of the one-time use of Alien).