The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly - and I’m sure this has been suggested before - why not retheme Springfield as Hill Valley?

I feel like BTTF is the ride everyone misses the most, and we all know the Simpsons ride building takes up a huge footprint; if you really wanted to, here would be your opportunity to remake BTTF as Studios’ version of Forbidden Journey.

Only trouble I’d see is food and beverage stuff; Hill Valley doesn’t have very many well-known commercial places. You could bring Doc’s Fried Chicken over from Hollywood, but what else? We didn’t have this problem before because the predecessor to Fast Food Boulevard was...[gulp]...International Food & Film Festival.

Eh...for the time being can we have just one robot arm ride between US/IOA? I just pretend that Transformers and F&F don't exist because I like Spidey and Kong to feel unique. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: GA-MBIT
Only trouble I’d see is food and beverage stuff; Hill Valley doesn’t have very many well-known commercial places.

Cafe-80s-Index.jpg

Retheme Fast Food Blvd. to The Starcourt Mall Food Court.

"Scoops Ahoy!"

The longest running, most popular TV show of all time is the only non-Comcast-owned show they're going to bother with.

(A couple years ago I asked if ST at HHN was a test run for a full time attraction and got laughed at.)

(And before someone brings up TWD @ Hollywood, I'm talking about an actual ride or show, not just a longer-lasting version of an HHN house that can easily be taken apart.)

Last edited:
I know this will NEVER happen, but at the same time, South Park is such a fitting IP to replace Springfield for the ultimate “Simpsons Did It” joke with an expansion of the real Casa Bonita restaurant that is actually located at Denver, Colorado like in the show as a replica.

Sometimes I think Back To The Future could make a good show for Peacock starting with a "relaunch" of the series in theaters

I mean, the idea of going back in time and dealing with shenanigans seems like it's evergreen

I'm really just finding a way to get it back into the parks lol

Honestly if we dont get a BTTF night before the simpsons ride is gone....that will suck

It can't cost much to have the Simpsons ride act as BTTF for a night

Reactions: Jwhee
This area in the early 2030’s needs to be the relocation of Minion Mayhem and Villaincon, and become a DM land. Use the expansion land behind it for a proper dark ride, to add to the land.

It fits, so, perfectly.

Reactions: Jwhee and shiekra38
This area in the early 2030’s needs to be the relocation of Minion Mayhem and Villaincon, and become a DM land. Use the expansion land behind it for a proper dark ride, to add to the land.

It fits, so, perfectly.

If that were the case, then what could they do with the existing locations at Production Central?

I know this will NEVER happen, but at the same time, South Park is such a fitting IP to replace Springfield for the ultimate “Simpsons Did It” joke with an expansion of the real Casa Bonita restaurant that is actually located at Denver, Colorado like in the show as a replica.

Don’t forget Whistling Willys and City Wok! Goddammit I want a South Park area in place of Springfield soooo bad!

Last edited:
If that were the case, then what could they do with the existing locations at Production Central?
If they’re keeping the studio theme, a Sing live on tour show would work in one building, and the other ideally would be a dark ride, but a Dreamworks theatre type show works too. They’ll have options, not for a decade at least.