Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Google Assistant Ride (CES 2019)

I do have to wonder who's involved on this project, not just Google; but those who brought it to life.
Yeah, this has to have been built by one of the ride companies and someone with experience building dark rides. This is not just thrown together by an amateur staff at Google.

Right, which is why I said not designed. I'm really really curious to know who did it. Also I love the fact that there's Plexiglas gates in the station. Even temp dark rides gotta follow the strict safety standards of 2019.

Yeah, this has to have been built by one of the ride companies and someone with experience building dark rides. This is not just thrown together by an amateur staff at Google.

My thought would've went towards Thinkwell, considering they have had done things for short-term events before; but even Dave Cobb (Principal of Creative development) is surprised about it.

My thought would've went towards Thinkwell, considering they have had done things for short-term events before; but even Dave Cobb (Principal of Creative development) is surprised about it.
Yeah, Thinkwell was my thought too, but if Dave knew nothing about it I guess not. Whoever it is probably has an NDA, but it will get out eventually.

Here's the actual ride experience without Google overlaying the music onto the video. Still good for a trade show, and actually better than most Six flags dark rides, but definitely still has a lot of room for improvement. That's to be expected though with it only a temporary installment.