The Great Wall | Inside Universal Forums

The Great Wall

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something to especially note, is that this film is big for the reasons on how it's being made.

It's the first major US/China production to half produced by a Chinese production company and the other half is from an English production company (Legendary Pictures).

It's also being directed by an acclaimed Chinese director as I believe that it's been said that half of the cast is Chinese.

If the film makes profit, for both China and the USA; it could mean bigger things that I think people will be very surprised of.

But in any case, the trailer looks promising as I wonder what will be the creature of the film. But, we'll see soon enough..

Something to especially note, is that this film is big for the reasons on how it's being made.

It's the first major US/China production to half produced by a Chinese production company and the other half is from an English production company (Legendary Pictures).

It's also being directed by an acclaimed Chinese director as I believe that it's been said that half of the cast is Chinese.

If the film makes profit, for both China and the USA; it could mean bigger things that I think people will be very surprised of.

But in any case, the trailer looks promising as I wonder what will be the creature of the film. But, we'll see soon enough..
Transformers 4 and Kung Fu Panda 3 were Chinese co-productions.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It will continue to solidify Universal's strong position in the Chinese film market & distribution network, due to their links with Legendary. Distribution links are the key in the international film business, even more important than the quality of the films.

It will continue to solidify Universal's strong position in the Chinese film market & distribution network, due to their links with Legendary. Distribution links are the key in the international film business, even more important than the quality of the films.
Universal isn't distributing it in China; China Film is releasing it there.

Reactions: Mad Dog