Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Last Of Us: Factions Multiplayer (TBA)

Jerroddragon

VIP Member
Jun 27, 2017
I'm hoping to god that Fractions is out by the time the TV show is.....I just want the MP so bad

I'm hoping to god that Fractions is out by the time the TV show is.....I just want the MP so bad
I could see it releasing just before the TV Show to capitalize on hype.

Supposedly it's going to have a bit of a story component to it as well. I'm not a huge MP gamer (I play some, especially with friends), but I specifically remember playing Factions back during the PS3 days of TLOU and I had a really fun time with it so I hope what they are working on some fun and innovative updates to Factions in order to keep a player base for the game.

It was in a playable state in July it seems. This guy is a game designer for Naughty Dog.

And for those who haven't seen the concept art, it seems the game will be set in San Francisco.

Just saw that Neil Druckmann released a new piece of concept art for the Factions MP game earlier in the month. Wonder if part of the plan is to use the story and characters in the game in the show going forward. I'm most interested in the time period in which this game is set during though. He also announced TLOU is getting it's first release on PC March 3rd. Here's the two pieces of concept art that have been released for the MP game so far.

TO1_MARKETING_PROMO_FINAL_FULL.jpg

teaser-image.png

Druckmann goes on to say this:

"We’re looking ahead to The Last of Us’ 10th anniversary in June, and we’re so excited to share more with you about the future of this franchise. We’ll have some fun surprises for you along the way, but later this year we will begin to offer you some details on our ambitious The Last of Us multiplayer game. With a team led by Vinit Agarwal, Joe Pettinati, and Anthony Newman, the project is shaping up to be a fresh, new experience from our studio, but one rooted in Naughty Dog’s passion for delivering incredible stories, characters, and gameplay."

I just wish they did what OW did and just let the MP out and put the co op out later. The co-op seems to be really holding this games date back. Its been almost 2 years since the second game....MP is what people want and co-op which I'm sure will be cool, I wish they just added later

I also hope they do what they did in Uncarted and last of us MP, and not have item shops but you could easily unlock every item in the game by just playing.

I just wish they did what OW did and just let the MP out and put the co op out later. The co-op seems to be really holding this games date back. Its been almost 2 years since the second game....MP is what people want and co-op which I'm sure will be cool, I wish they just added later

I also hope they do what they did in Uncarted and last of us MP, and not have item shops but you could easily unlock every item in the game by just playing.
I'm thinking this is going to come out in June on the 10th anniversary of the original game. It seems to be story a story-driven version of the original factions.

Druckmann also mentions other surprises for TLOU this year that aren't involving this standalone MP game. I may be way off, but with the release of TLOU: Part 1 on PS5 and Windows, i'm wondering if we'll get another single player DLC that is only available on that version of the game to encourage more people to buy it. Or maybe DLC for Part 2? Probably no DLC happening, but it would certainly be a fun surprise. I could see them announcing Part 3 this summer though with a timeline of around 2026/27?

I'm thinking this is going to come out in June on the 10th anniversary of the original game. It seems to be story a story-driven version of the original factions.

Druckmann also mentions other surprises for TLOU this year that aren't involving this standalone MP game. I may be way off, but with the release of TLOU: Part 1 on PS5 and Windows, i'm wondering if we'll get another single player DLC that is only available on that version of the game to encourage more people to buy it. Or maybe DLC for Part 2? Probably no DLC happening, but it would certainly be a fun surprise. I could see them announcing Part 3 this summer though with a timeline of around 2026/27?
DLC would be cool

And hope its out soon....just it feel like forever since this was announced

DLC would be cool

And hope its out soon....just it feel like forever since this was announced
Games take 3-4 years to develop and it was first talked about in 2019, so the timeline is about right, especially since this isn't a normal Multiplayer game by all accounts. Idk if they've started anything related to Part 3 yet (meaning if they have any script or anything), but even if they were to announce that game today, 2026 is literally the quickest it could release barring any setbacks that could push it to 27. This is just how intensive AAA game development is these days.

I want Naughty Dog to get TLOU multiplayer out, do Part 3, and then finally move on to doing a new IP completely. There are Uncharted 5 rumors though which could hurt my hope for a new IP.

Games take 3-4 years to develop and it was first talked about in 2019, so the timeline is about right, especially since this isn't a normal Multiplayer game by all accounts. Idk if they've started anything related to Part 3 yet (meaning if they have any script or anything), but even if they were to announce that game today, 2026 is literally the quickest it could release barring any setbacks that could push it to 27. This is just how intensive AAA game development is these days.

I want Naughty Dog to get TLOU multiplayer out, do Part 3, and then finally move on to doing a new IP completely. There are Uncharted 5 rumors though which could hurt my hope for a new IP.
I honestly hope they can invest in more teams

I loveee Naughty dogs story but the gameplay never...wows me butttttt I played the hell out of Uncharted 4 and Last of Us MP (literally beat factions mode 4 times...twice on PS3 and twice on PS4)

I think they are so underrated as an MP studio the last few games with it were really amazing

I can’t believe the PS Showcase came and went and we got nothing for this game.
Spiderman looked amazing but yeah no clue how this is not ready its been so long since the last game came out and you'd think they would want the game out nearish the show but at this point feels like they bite off more then they can chew with all the PVP and PVE stuff combined