The Last of Us: Part 2 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us: Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No matter how much marketing I see, I still can't wrap my head around what No Return actually is.
Think Returnal, Deathloop, God of War: Valhalla. It’s a Roguelike. You die, you start over with randomized map and characters. You start with either Ellie or Abbie and can then unlock different characters along with weapons the more you play.

My main disappointment with this compared to some of those is that there’s no story component.

This video may help show you some game stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Think Returnal, Deathloop, God of War: Valhalla. It’s a Roguelike. You die, you start over with randomized map and characters. You start with either Ellie or Abbie and can then unlock different characters along with weapons the more you play.

My main disappointment with this compared to some of those is that there’s no story component.

This video may help show you some game stuff.

Interesting. I have never played ANY of the games that you mentioned lol, but it just sounds like a standard "waves of enemies" kind of thing.

My wife played the Lost Levels last night and was a bit disappointed.

Interesting. I have never played ANY of the games that you mentioned lol, but it just sounds like a standard "waves of enemies" kind of thing.

My wife played the Lost Levels last night and was a bit disappointed.
Essentially, depending on the randomized mode you play on you either have to defeat waves of either hunters, clickers, runners, etc (with a Bloater boss at the end of it all… after defeating the bloaters you can then unlock harder bosses).

One of the other main modes is essentially survival where runners, clickers, stalkers, etc swarm. The game gives a countdown clock and you have to stay alive until it hit hits zero.

I haven’t tried the lost levels, but I know they are not “finished”. They are playable in a demo state with audio commentary from the creatives. I personally don’t remember the game beat for beat enough yet to want to play the lost levels until I play the game again.

So I’ve been grinding a ton in No Return and just discovered this Savage Starlight skin is a thing for Ellie. It’s fire asf. She reminds me of Black Widow in Endgame in that skin.

Grounded II might be one of the best video game documentaries that is out there in the current limelight. There is a genuine openness and transparency to that of the developers; artists; writers and everyone on the ND team, that I have to give genuine respect.

It feels like an open look to the issues ND as a developer have faced; and it makes me really interested if they consider talking about Factions when they do a Part III Grounded, to talk about the story of that game and how it got cancelled.

Grounded II might be one of the best video game documentaries that is out there in the current limelight. There is a genuine openness and transparency to that of the developers; artists; writers and everyone on the ND team, that I have to give genuine respect.

It feels like an open look to the issues ND as a developer have faced; and it makes me really interested if they consider talking about Factions when they do a Part III Grounded, to talk about the story of that game and how it got cancelled.
I really hope we eventually do hear them talking about it down the line. But I do think they were right for not wanting to release and constantly operate a live service game. Just look at Suicide Squad right now. I’d rather ND do what they’re good at rather than chase a trend.

Just finished playing through this for the first time since shortly after release. As much of a masterpiece as I remembered. I had forgotten a lot of how certain things get to their ultimate ending on both sides. Keep in mind this was my third time playing through the game and I was still shocked that they WENT THERE during some parts of this game.

This game is going to translate so incredibly well to a TV show, there’s so much material to work with. It’s such a complex human story about two humans seeking revenge in a world that breeds it, only to regret their actions by the end.

This is also a game I found on this playthrough where, at least by the time you are playing as Abby, the NPC’s don’t exactly feel entirely like NPC’s. You’ve already played through those days so you know that Ellie, Dina, Jesse, and Tommy are out there taking out the WLF. You sort of feel like you might run into them at any point.

Oh, and Jeffrey Wright has to be reprising his role as Isaac… right?

• Love