The Little Mermaid - A Musical Adventure (Fall 2024) | Inside Universal Forums

The Little Mermaid - A Musical Adventure (Fall 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On the one had, it's great that the space will hold an attraction again (even if it's a tweaked version of the old one).

On the other hand, it's not the best sign for the prospect of Animation Courtyard going away any time soon... which is what the park desperately needs to have happen.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Glad to see that the space hasn't just been left as a biohazard for three years straight.

Hope it's fun and the effects are nice looking. I definitely agree that Animation Courtyard is a blight and needs to be wiped off the face of DHS, but as a short term capacity fix I hope this is cute.

On the one had, it's great that the space will hold an attraction again (even if it's a tweaked version of the old one).

On the other hand, it's not the best sign for the prospect of Animation Courtyard going away any time soon... which is what the park desperately needs to have happen.

I think Disney plans to address this area eventually. It’s just that DAK renovations and Beyond Big Thunder are bigger priorities at WDW. Getting a new show here will help give people something to do in the meantime. Maybe in the years it will take for them to get to this, Disney will have a new IP worthy of getting a land in this space.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I think Disney plans to address this area eventually. It’s just that DAK renovations and Beyond Big Thunder are bigger priorities at WDW. Getting a new show here will help give people something to do in the meantime. Maybe in the years it will take for them to get to this, Disney will have a new IP worthy of getting a land in this space.
As much as I want Animation Courtyard bulldozed, you're right from an ops/business point of view. DHS has no attendance problem (capacity issues, but not attendance-wise), so they have no incentive at the moment to update the place.

It does look like this is going to be a short-term solution to helping capacity in the park while drawing up plans for the long-term. But right now, DAK is desperate for something to keep people to park close. Can't imagine they're happy about people skipping dinner at Tiffins/Yak & Yeti/Tusker House because there is not enough at the park to keep them late.

I'd imagine we'll get another attempt at a nighttime show whenever these new areas/rides open as well as a big marketing push.

I agree. The fact they are keeping this building and the same IP, this was a cheap fix to help with capacity for a show they had not expected to not have this long. This has no indication of the future of that area.

As much as I want Animation Courtyard bulldozed, you're right from an ops/business point of view. DHS has no attendance problem (capacity issues, but not attendance-wise), so they have no incentive at the moment to update the place.

It does look like this is going to be a short-term solution to helping capacity in the park while drawing up plans for the long-term. But right now, DAK is desperate for something to keep people to park close. Can't imagine they're happy about people skipping dinner at Tiffins/Yak & Yeti/Tusker House because there is not enough at the park to keep them late.

I'd imagine we'll get another attempt at a nighttime show whenever these new areas/rides open as well as a big marketing push.
They're about to have more near term capacity issues. They just scheduled Aerosmith for another long refurb starting in Jan. Seems like the recent refurb didn't correct R&RC problems since it keeps breaking down.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX