The Official "Earl of Sandwich" Thread | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Official "Earl of Sandwich" Thread

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Yes, their are others located throughout the US, but this is the one that started it all. The reason I bring this up is because the good Earl has started to sell the best sandwich ever created.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
So I enjoyed their seasonal "French Dip" sandwich on Saturday night. It's no Holiday Sammy, but it was quite good.

Apr 30, 2010
What other sandwiches have you had there, BriMan? I know food is an entirely subjective thing, but I'd love to hear your opinion of the ones you've tried. I plan to eat at EOS for the first time while in Orlando in May. I've heard a lot about the holiday sandwich, but not much about any of their other offerings yet.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
What other sandwiches have you had there, BriMan? I know food is an entirely subjective thing, but I'd love to hear your opinion of the ones you've tried. I plan to eat at EOS for the first time while in Orlando in May. I've heard a lot about the holiday sandwich, but not much about any of their other offerings yet.
Well you can't get the Holiday in May, which you should be upset about... :lol:

Off of their regular menu; I've had the Original 1762, Canonballs! (Meatball), and the Hawaiian BBQ. If you are a fan of simple, yet tasty; go with the Original. The roast beef and horseradish go awesome together.

Apr 30, 2010
Yeah, I figured the Holiday would be MIA in May. The Original does sound good! I might have to choose between that or some version of an Italian if they have one; I'll have to check out their menu online before we go. Like right now...

Spirit of 74

Newcomer
Aug 15, 2012
OK, like I'm a newbie and supposedly known for my 'negativity' ... I really am a positive Spirit ... but while I loved the new Earl's at DLP (largely because 5.50 Euros for a sandwich there is a BARGAIN!!!) and I think they are tasty enough, I gotta say I think much Dole Whips they are vastly overrated by the fan community.

Better than Subway, to be sure. But a great sandwich? Nah ...:drool5:

CraigM

Rookie
Jul 24, 2012
OK, like I'm a newbie and supposedly known for my 'negativity' ... I really am a positive Spirit ... but while I loved the new Earl's at DLP (largely because 5.50 Euros for a sandwich there is a BARGAIN!!!) and I think they are tasty enough, I gotta say I think much Dole Whips they are vastly overrated by the fan community.

Better than Subway, to be sure. But a great sandwich? Nah ...:drool5:
God, do you have to be so negative?! ;-)

I think they are good sandwiches, borderline great. They're really good. If I didn't have to carry a giant stick with me every time I go to DTD, I would definitely go all the time here. Alas, I've been given a quota of how many people I'm allowed to kill while at DTD and I reach the number very quickly when I'm there.

SeventyOne

V.I.P.
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
As quick-serve sandwiches go, they're good. Some are better than others, some tend to be a bit skimpy on the fillings. This could easily be a McDonalds, don't forget.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
It's such a great sandwich...although I did have the Bobby from Capriotti's and it's pretty damn delicious.

maxairmike

Veteran Member
Jul 18, 2012
In the thick of it
Forget the sandwiches, their tomato soup is quite possibly the best I've ever had! Once November/December hits, I usually find myself over there a few times a month enjoying a bowl on really cool evenings.

As far as the sandwiches go, I usually get either the Hawaiian BBQ or the Full Montagu (without the mustard).