Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Production Thread

The parks just re-opened and they're already shooting a commercial for VW on the Streets of New York:

102852355_3522787611070965_126382101334327296_o.jpg
Can't wait to see the commercial, wonder if its gonna be set in "New York" or at Universal.

Can't wait to see the commercial, wonder if its gonna be set in "New York" or at Universal.
None of them are ever set at Universal (unless it’s a UOR commercial, of course). Commercials use New York for a reason. It’s immersive, but it’s grounded in reality. And shooting from the angle they are, it doesn’t even need to be New York. Normally commercials use the little street where the French quarter goes during Mardi Gras.

The commercial is already running! (That was fast)

It's a guy working for VW at a dealership getting into a car and driving down the streets of a city (that just happens to have a Finnegan's sign on the sidewalk but backwards for some reason) to deliver a new VW to a suburban family. It's fun to see all the Streets of New York used in the shots and see which signs were changed. I wonder how much is practical (real signs) and how much is digital manipulation?

The commercial is already running! (That was fast)

It's a guy working for VW at a dealership getting into a car and driving down the streets of a city (that just happens to have a Finnegan's sign on the sidewalk but backwards for some reason) to deliver a new VW to a suburban family. It's fun to see all the Streets of New York used in the shots and see which signs were changed. I wonder how much is practical (real signs) and how much is digital manipulation?
Found the commercial! Curious...was the version you saw in English or Spanish? Wonder if there are variants?

OWN show "David Makes Man" has come back to Universal and Orlando for production on the show's second season. They are starting production in the Sound Stages and backlot next week based on what I know.
You’d be right! They were setting up while the HHN houses were going on. Smells from the catering truck were divine.

OWN show "David Makes Man" has come back to Universal and Orlando for production on the show's second season. They are starting production in the Sound Stages and backlot next week based on what I know.
I know I’m a cheesy tourist who’s from a place where production things don’t happen, but it’s cool to hear the studio is still in use. Was always cool seeing a “hot set” or whatever they’d call it signage around the parks knowing that filming is happening. Makes things more exciting :)

I know I’m a cheesy tourist who’s from a place where production things don’t happen, but it’s cool to hear the studio is still in use. Was always cool seeing a “hot set” or whatever they’d call it signage around the parks knowing that filming is happening. Makes things more exciting :)
It's gotten some decent use over the past few years. Many commercials are filmed here and Season 1 of this same show was filmed here in 2018 while The Right Stuff was filmed in the stages last year.

They poured a decent amount of money into the Production facilities a few years ago to try and attract more production and it does seem to be working pretty good for a state that doesn't provide any tax incentives.

It's gotten some decent use over the past few years. Many commercials are filmed here and Season 1 of this same show was filmed here in 2018 while The Right Stuff was filmed in the stages last year.

They poured a decent amount of money into the Production facilities a few years ago to try and attract more production and it does seem to be working pretty good for a state that doesn't provide any tax incentives.
I love to hear it! I know that a car commercial recently filmed in the NY section of the park but it’s awesome to hear those sound stages are getting use!

So separate from AEW in SS19, I’ve noticed that the PLF Challenger Series (MMA) is currently filming every Friday at USF in SS23. PLF began their run at USF last year it seems.

DAVE School is taking up part of SS19 as well with a MoCap stage. There’s also a radio station broadcasting out of the same general area. Mardi Gras entertainers currently taking up SS22.