Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

Inside Simspsons Vehicle room while ride is in testing.

Simspons Riee by BehindTheTheme, on Flickr

For those who didnt know the Krusty face part of the vehicle doesnt move with the rest of the vehicle (same thing they did with the deloreans)
That looks interesting but even though i have never been on BTTF the ride, I want it to come back so i have a chance to ride it or anything else decent enough should replace the cheesy humor in The Simpsons Ride i mean its more cheesier than macaroni & cheese with extra cheese

That's pretty cool. I never would have realized that the Krusty part doesn't move with the actual vehicle. I wonder what will eventually replace The Simpsons Ride...  :blink:

^ Either they'll resuse the system for a third time but in a more innovative way, kind of like Despicable Me is the third simulator in its show building, or they'll make an entirely new ride. It'll be difficult considering its awkward hill location

Although the ride system is pretty extraordinary, I'd kinda like to see something new and different. I'd say "revolutionary and ground-breaking," but the hillside location won't allow that!

We may see 1 more attraction in the BTTF/Simpson ride building. It currently not  on the chopping block and as Orlando(who changed to Simpsons at the same time) has expanded their ride area I doubt we will see a change for at least 10 years or so. Trying to pick a new theme to take this attraction 10 years from now is hard but i would say Fast and Furious would fit very well in the space now.

I've thought of that too, but how would that work? The beginning of the ride starts off with the ride vehicle being lifted up into the dome. Are the guests supposed to magically levitate in their race car? They could be sitting in their own car in a garage and it gets lifted up into the environment, but it's just sort of weird. I dunno, any thoughts?

Well Fast and Furious was one of the original rumored themes. Getting lifted out of the garage and starting the race isn't that far fetched of an idea! Would've worked, and I would've preferred it despite me not liking the movies. It would've been very exciting and action packed.

If Universal ownerd DC Comics, I think a Batman ride would be awesome. Have the vehicles be Batmobiles!

Like I've said before though, I'd rather Universal come out with an amazing original movie that will warrant an amazing ride, like all the 90s classics

Oh don't even get me started on a Batman ride. My hopes are gonna be way too high!  :lol:  Maybe Fast and Furious could work in that building. I wouldn't mind it as long as it's well done and action-packed!

I feel like Fast and Furious would be a good replacement for the Simpson's ride it would be better if it was a roller coaster some how or at least put back an old ride and improve upon it cough cough Back To The Future The Ride

You think?? maybe an indoor rollercoaster. I mean the theaters are qute huge, and they could build a bridge or someting between both to have and indoor rollercoaster, or heck, even Girngotts...

That would be a huge risk. Keep in mind they need room for an extensive queue as well as possible pre-shows if they want to build up a story along with the ride. Gringotts wouldn't make sense there since it would be completely detached from the rest of the Wizarding World.

^ exactly. The BTTF/Simpsons show building already has had issues with the foundation and the hill location because of the years of the simulators rocking the hill. A roller coaster would never work, and theres also not enough space. Mummy is in a huge show building and it's a super super short coaster. BTTF space is tiny in comparison

That would be a huge risk. Keep in mind they need room for an extensive queue as well as possible pre-shows if they want to build up a story along with the ride. Gringotts wouldn't make sense there since it would be completely detached from the rest of the Wizarding World.
Well I know... but since it has been announced that Curious George will be Potter... it's not far away from Simpsons, they can retheme the whole area and move the entrance to the studio tour up to the stais for it not to conflict with the whole theming thing... plus we don't really know how hard would it be to put a roller coaster there, like analazing the hill and the extra weight and such... but it's wishful thinking