The Skipper Goes West | Inside Universal Forums

The Skipper Goes West

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
So, I'm typing this from the plane as I fly out to California! Headed to Disneyland once I get all checked into my hotel. I plan on making updates to this thread nightly with my thoughts on the Disneyland Resort!

This isn't your first trip there right?

Yup! planning on taking it slow tonight and hitting some Fantasyland stuff and see the fireworks and Fantasmic tonight. Supposed to be packed all weekend, so I'll be taking it as it comes.

Seriously though, have fun and take a lot of pics :thumbs:

I plan on taking a ton of pics. I bypassed bringing my tripod though due to high crowds.

Looking forward to hearing another OU Residents insight on how much better DLR is than WDW. Have fun and take an extra spin on Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion Holiday for me!

Thoughts from night 1:

-Disneyland is the best park. Ever. There is no discussion on this.
-I ate at the French Market and had jambalaya while a live jazz band played right next to me. I mean...come on.
-HMH is really neat. Some cool effects and AAs, and the outside is beautiful.
-Matterhorn is fun, if not a little uncomfortable.
-TOAD
-Disneyland's Fantasyland is still going to be better than MK's, IMO.
-Fantasmic is awesome here.
-Holiday fireworks were a bit "blah"
-Pirates at MK should just be knocked down. It's far and away the worst version I've ridden.
-Space Mountain may be my favorite state-side Disney ride. I smiled the entire time and for a while after I got off of it.

Anyway, now getting ready and heading to DCA!

Thoughts from night 1:

-Disneyland is the best park. Ever. There is no discussion on this.
-I ate at the French Market and had jambalaya while a live jazz band played right next to me. I mean...come on.
-HMH is really neat. Some cool effects and AAs, and the outside is beautiful.
-Matterhorn is fun, if not a little uncomfortable.
-TOAD
-Disneyland's Fantasyland is still going to be better than MK's, IMO.
-Fantasmic is awesome here.
-Holiday fireworks were a bit "blah"
-Pirates at MK should just be knocked down. It's far and away the worst version I've ridden.
-Space Mountain may be my favorite state-side Disney ride. I smiled the entire time and for a while after I got off of it.

Anyway, now getting ready and heading to DCA!

Have a blast at DCA. Enjoy WoC. MAKE SURE TO GET WOC FASTPASS EARLY!

There is nothing like your first visit to Disneyland to really help put things in perspective. Have a great time!

Disneyland is the most complete park their is and offers so much to do. It's hands down my favorite Disney park and its very close between that and IOA for my favorite.

Hey Skippy, Be sure to have a legal libation at The Hearthstone Lounge in The Grand Californian. the Grand Californian is by far my favorite Disney hotel.

DCA:

-DCA is awesome. Possibly tied with IoA for my second favorite park.
-World of Color is better than all the other nightshows put together.
-Mermaid is...well...it's not good. It's just kind of there. Monsters INC was a far superior ride, IMO.
-Radiator Springs Racers is amazing. An instant classic.
-Both the other Cars Land rides are super fun too. Yes, even Luigi's.
-DCA is (for the most part) an INCREDIBLY good looking park. The Hollywood area needs help, but everything else is pretty good looking. Very photogenic too.
-But why does Bug's Land exist? Especially after Cars Land, which basically has 2 of Bug's Land's rides in it.
-DCA ToT...feels so wrong.:lol:
-Paradise Pier is fantastic. Love it at night.

Lucky, when I went everything was 75 mins + !! Glad you liked RSR's, did you think it was a little on the short side though?