Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Feb 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I'm surprised there isn't already a topic based on this, so I thought I'd start it! The topic I'm talking about is based on one of the most highly anticipated attractions to come to the park (in my opinion!): The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Feel free to post anything and everything you want related to the topic  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Fast and Furious: Extreme Closeup was the most anticipated addition.....

;) haha.

Well we've been discussing it in the expansion plan threads. Personally I'm very excited for it since I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I'm happy it's not replacing anything I'm a fan off. Can't wait for it to open :)

Fast and Furious really is an incredible, immersive experience. I'd hate to see it go.  ;)

I felt the Wizarding World deserved its very own thread  :lol: I'm very happy with what it's currently replacing, but if it ends up replacing WaterWorld for a second phase, we've got an issue.  :angry:

Ive been excited for WWoHP since it opened in Orlando. Ive never visted the IOA but have always been ready for WWoHP to come to Hollywood. I know USH will be getting the exact same thing or similar to Orlando but ive always it themed to the evil side of the Harry Potter franchise.

I assume you mean the whole Dark Arts spectrum?  ;)  While that'd be cool, it's always best to start off with the classic, iconic design: Hogwarts castle (housing the Forbidden Journey) surrounded by some shops and a restaurant all held within Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley. The Wizarding World in Orlando is truly jaw-dropping, and it's going to create all of the same hype all over again here in Hollywood. It's definitely going to be one of USH's biggest additions in history!

^ would've been cool to get a ride based on the Shrieking Shack, Malfoy Manor, the Riddle Graveyard, death eaters, and other evil parts.I think the Gringotts coaster will feature more evil considering Bellatrix is gonna be in it.

But us getting Forbidden Journey is more than enough to fill my Potter fill haha. Just touring Hogwarts is an attraction in itself (which I think will be advertised more than in Florida)

Definitely. USH tries to squeeze the most out of what they have by almost falsely advertising. However, walking through the halls of Hogwarts really is incredible.

Speaking of Death Eaters, wouldn't it be cool if you saw some of them walking around?  :eek:

^ YES AND NO. I'd wanna throw rocks at them. Evil bastards. (I'd love to meet Bellatrix though)

I find it interesting how JK specifically specified that there be no specific walk around characters. While it would've been nice, I see why she had that set in place.

I'd personally be a little turned off by that idea. While it'd be cool to see someone like Bellatrix strolling around, the likeness of Helena Bonham Carter would have to be pretty darn good in order for me to believe it. I think the generic idea of Hogwarts students, Beauxbatons students, and Durmstrang students is still a cool idea.

It has been discussed so much, but I would really want to get the Gringotts roller coaster... apparently is not even considered here, but please, we need another thrill ride...

Alright, I'll agree on that. A Gringotts coaster would be awesome. But unless plans change to remove WaterWorld for a Phase II for Potter, it'll never happen. Plus, atmospherically, it wouldn't make much sense. If you wanna be nit-picky and criticize everything, you'd realize that Gringotts Bank and Hogwarts castle would be way too close to each other. I'd LOVE another thrill ride, though! The Mummy just doesn't do it for me anymore.  -_-

I can't wait for WWOHP but I know its going to take forever to build but when its ready, I know its going to be well worth the wait but 2/3 years is going to take long sadly ;)

Yeah, I'd love the Gringotts ride but #1 no space #2 thematically wouldn't make sense to randomly plop it behind Hogwarts and #3 JK wouldn't allow it. And in all honesty, like I've said before, I'm happy we're not getting it because without the rest of Diagon Alley, a stand alone Gringotts makes no sense whatsoever.

As for an additional thrill ride, wait for it. One can eventually replacr Waterworld. But it won't be potter themed

I love waterworld, but if it needs to go for an awesome ride... I am up for it... Maybe theming is not an issue since in Florida the put Ollivanders in Hogsmeade... anyways they can cram up both there... one besides the other...

^ that was something that JK approved, that Ollivanders opened a second location in Hogsmeade. Theming is definitely an issue and I'm glad it is. I don't want random rides plopped everywhere like the rest of USH already is. JK wouldn't allow Gringotts behind Hogwarts

^ that was something that JK approved, that Ollivanders opened a second location in Hogsmeade. Theming is definitely an issue and I'm glad it is. I don't want random rides plopped everywhere like the rest of USH already is. JK wouldn't allow Gringotts behind Hogwarts
Not behind, but what I really want is that they somehow manage to have hogsmeade and Diagon Alley in the park