Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks: Dark Ride Pics

Hockeyman55

Premium Member
Aug 19, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Seven days from right now I should be landing at LAX.

Those are great photos. What kind lens, camera, and settings are you using on these type of shots?

Yea. It's a shame UOR doesn't really have any photograph possible dark rides. Though I'm going to try and get some Cat in the Hat and Poseidon's Fury shots. Maybe some Disaster too.

Yeah Universal lacks in that area a little bit. Id like some on MIB along with the ones you mentioned. Also the first part of the Mummy would be great to shoot but that aint ever happening unless someone has a smaller camera like a Sony Nex7 or something along those lines they sneak on the ride.

Seven days from right now I should be landing at LAX.

Those are great photos. What kind lens, camera, and settings are you using on these type of shots?

Yeah im jealous :lol: I want to head out to DL so bad but there is something always going on to prevent that. Those are pictures im looking excited to see you post! :dance:

The haunted Mansion pics I took last Saturday and used this set up

Sony A55
Sony 35mm f/1.8
Shutter speed priority
ISO 3200
F/1.8
Shot in manual focus also. Have tried many times to shoot auto focus on dark rides and end up missing so many chances because my lens would fight to focus.

The other shots I took with the same Sonys 35mm f/1.8 mostly in manual with different ISO, exposure and shutter settings. I want to pick up a 35mm f/1.4 eventually.

The Great Movie Ride Mummy I took with a Sony 50mm f/1.8 that I sold.

IMG_4924.jpg

Ok now that I put them in the correct thread.

Here are a few more as I find them.

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

^ I saw you had that you had put them in the night photography thread last night and figured it was a mistake :rofl: They all came out great! What settings did you use when you shot these? Im curious to see if Mermaid ride is bright enough to use my 17-50 f/2.8 or if im better off using my 30mm f/1.8

Im afraid I am starting to run out of dark ride shots. Ill have to go thu my hard drive and see if I have some I haven't processed yet. I know when I went on SSE in May I tried to get some but I don't think I was too successful. Ill take a look when I get home from work later.