This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SFMM announcing their opening date (or timeframe) was the first domino to fall. Looks like USH will be the next one to fall on the chain.

I'd definitely think Disney has already staked their claim, considering the cap they have on Touch of Disney being till April 5th.

That, alongside AB420, and the pressure is definitely building. I do think we'll see Universal come out with an event, and stake their claim. But...if I may:

They can have outdoor shows open, right? Could that mean, they can get Animal Actors and Waterworld back online? If it means they can get people back in work, that seems like a good option. Especially with tracked attractions down for the count for the time being.

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
I hate hearing Universal cutting so much....I went to Citywalk and spent (within reason) money everytime I went...got food or a new mask. So fingers crossed once they do reopen however that is things go well.

I doubt we will see an event butttttttttttt think them opening some shopping weeks before they reopen to prep for it all would make sense. Also I doubt they would buttttttt with the sun still setting early they could do some sort of "event" if they wanted to open before spring. If they can't do ANY rides then even just walking throw hogwarts and having photo ops set up would be nice but think they should be able to prove its safe enough to let people on the tram and you just make a time on the app and show up for the tram during the open hours of an event.

Its wishful thinking and doubt it with all the citbacks but I would support them if they did almost any event.

In the element of locational for USH's county, LA County has voted in favor of AB420. I wonder if that'll encourage Universal to put some added stress as-well with that event announcement and a timeline sooner than later.

Sure its just me...but I'm not a fan of these Posts. Its been a year of the park closed and people lost and are losing jobs.

Announce what you are going to do. An Event? More Shopping? Nothing and just wait for the summer? Just be plain and clear

Sure its just me...but I'm not a fan of these Posts. Its been a year of the park closed and people lost and are losing jobs.

Announce what you are going to do. An Event? More Shopping? Nothing and just wait for the summer? Just be plain and clear

giphy.gif

I mean, something is better than nothing. I will gladly accept a reopening of everything in the Summer if that’s what they’re doing.

I mean, something is better than nothing. I will gladly accept a reopening of everything in the Summer if that’s what they’re doing.
Sure

Did that post provide that is the current plan? Am I crazy, I swore it was just emoji's

Universal Studios Hollywood is being aimed to reopen by April!!

Another good economic sign for Universal is its California theme park that has remained shut during the pandemic will be reopening sometime next month, Cavanagh said.

EDIT: To bring up the IU article as-well~

Last edited:
How did Universal handle APs' for Florida was it once you used your pass it was reactivated or the day they opened?

How did Universal handle APs' for Florida was it once you used your pass it was reactivated or the day they opened?

I believe the matter was that on the day they reopened fully, they then resumed the payments (But @Brian G. or Drew might be better ones to answer that for me).

As far as things go..the way I understand it, thanks to @Ryan on it, is that they can open indoor attractions under severe and limited elements; for only a small allocated bit of time. A food for thought, what if they adapt and use a system similar to that of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, of severely limiting and rotating the amount of guests per shift period? So say people can be in the park for an allocated amount of time before every guest leaves; then to set up and prepare for the next shift of people. Atleast until LA County hits Orange (which isn't entirely impossible, as LA County's already hitting 5.2 on the COVID rates); limiting the park by a rotational and AP-exclusive (perhaps) method might be the way to go.

I believe the matter was that on the day they reopened fully, they then resumed the payments (But @Brian G. or Drew might be better ones to answer that for me).

As far as things go..the way I understand it, thanks to @Ryan on it, is that they can open indoor attractions under severe and limited elements; for only a small allocated bit of time. A food for thought, what if they adapt and use a system similar to that of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, of severely limiting and rotating the amount of guests per shift period? So say people can be in the park for an allocated amount of time before every guest leaves; then to set up and prepare for the next shift of people. Atleast until LA County hits Orange (which isn't entirely impossible, as LA County's already hitting 5.2 on the COVID rates); limiting the park by a rotational and AP-exclusive (perhaps) method might be the way to go.
Thats fine with me...because I've gone 1,000 times not sure how others would feel. It will be interesting to see how they do handle APs....but if its hard to get in then I hope they extend APs dates because would be very crappy to have an AP from before and not be able to go but still have to pay for it.