This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How did Universal handle APs' for Florida was it once you used your pass it was reactivated or the day they opened?
I believe the matter was that on the day they reopened fully, they then resumed the payments (But @Brian G. or Drew might be better ones to answer that for me).

The pass was ready to use when the parks opened, and they added 3 months to the end of the AP term to make up for the time closed. With Universal closing VB, 3 Park AP's got a total of 5 months free last year.

Anyone think it’s worth becoming an AP now before they reopen? I live a few minutes down the street and can easily hop over there after work during the week (I work EST so I can go around 3 PM PST). Checked the website and it looks like I can buy the neighbor pass still - just dunno what to do about which day to select it for.

Anyone think it’s worth becoming an AP now before they reopen? I live a few minutes down the street and can easily hop over there after work during the week (I work EST so I can go around 3 PM PST). Checked the website and it looks like I can buy the neighbor pass still - just dunno what to do about which day to select it for.
Before? No

After if it seems you can easily go yes. I live 20-30 mins away (depending on traffic) and its a great part for a few hours OR if you have AMC alist you can do a double day and go to the park and then cool/warm up in the movie theaters after. I used to go see a movie and then head into the parks in the summer and see a later showing of the Harry Potter Light show and walk on a few of the rides and it was wonderful, something i hope to do again this summer.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Before? No

After if it seems you can easily go yes. I live 20-30 mins away (depending on traffic) and its a great part for a few hours OR if you have AMC alist you can do a double day and go to the park and then cool/warm up in the movie theaters after. I used to go see a movie and then head into the parks in the summer and see a later showing of the Harry Potter Light show and walk on a few of the rides and it was wonderful, something i hope to do again this summer.

That sounds pretty great. I guess I’ll wait - I just can’t tell if these California neighbor pass prices are going to go up or go away once they reopen.Seems like a glitch that they’re still available for purchase.

I won't be going until next year probably. The theme parks are going to be so packed and "limited" that it just won't be worth it.
Maybe? I would wait and see

While yes 25% is limited I want to remind people the park isn't really an all day park...so I think later in the day the lines will go way down. Six Flags I know will cover me because they will still have Flash Pass and Aps get 3 now. Once my pass is done which should be around Halloween I'll most likely get the best Pass at Universal as well for the Front of the line Passes each visit which will be amazing for Mario Kart.

Anyone else hear USH won’t be reopening Simpsons or Minions because of capacity issues? Also, FJ’s queue will be outdoors with Hogwarts being a walk through.

Anyone else hear USH won’t be reopening Simpsons or Minions because of capacity issues? Also, FJ’s queue will be outdoors with Hogwarts being a walk through.
These sadly make sense to me

I wish Universal could find a way to give tickets for those rides.

A walk though of the castle could be kinda interesting but the other two think tickets would help to keep them up and running

These sadly make sense to me

I wish Universal could find a way to give tickets for those rides.

A walk though of the castle could be kinda interesting but the other two think tickets would help to keep them up and running

I like that idea too, but I guess it’s not worth the operational cost of having those rides open to increase the park’s capacity.

Hogwarts walkthrough might cause issues if they don’t turn off the preshow elements. If anyone stops to watch the preshows, it’ll back everything up.

Also heard the Studio Tour will have plexiglass between rows, obviously.

I like that idea too, but I guess it’s not worth the operational cost of having those rides open to increase the park’s capacity.

Hogwarts walkthrough might cause issues if they don’t turn off the preshow elements. If anyone stops to watch the preshows, it’ll back everything up.

So, would they use the Express pathway to get people quickly to load? That's my best assumption, yes?

Yeah, honestly the Trams could have been at the tasting events. Just do the Bridge, Metro sets and Jaws. 20-30 mins mini tour would have been welcome but now they can do the full thing in a month im sure if they have glass.

Reactions: JawsVictim
That’s a really good idea. From what I’ve gathered, they’re going to pulse people into the indoor queue. Don’t know where from, though.

That makes sense. The thought I have had is that they would have the virtual queue represented throughout the park; and then for the sake of FJ; the outdoor extended queue and the greenhouse as the primary queue--to then as you seemingly gather, bring in small groups at a time and to have TM's at the ready to make sure the flow keeps going.

Is Waterworld going to operational by the time the park reopens? That and Animal Actors are outdoor shows, and wouldn't have issues, as opposed to Special Effects Stage and DreamWorks Theater.

That makes sense. The thought I have had is that they would have the virtual queue represented throughout the park; and then use the outdoor extended queue and the greenhouse as the primary queue--to then as you seemingly gather, bring in small groups at a time and to have TM's at the ready to make sure the flow keeps going.

Is Waterworld going to operational by the time the park reopens? That and Animal Actors are outdoor shows, and wouldn't have issues, as opposed to Special Effects Stage and DreamWorks Theater.
Special effects while indoors has a HUGE area from ceiling to floor and the sides are open to the outside. So in theory should be able to open

Special effects while indoors has a HUGE area from ceiling to floor and the sides are open to the outside. So in theory should be able to open

It'd still be a highly enclosed space that while has openings, would be a middle ground to where I see that they can't exactly operate with the barn doors (to use that wording) open. I would love to be proven wrong.

This isn't speculation. Universal representatives have stated as much in the LA Times article on Southern California theme park reopenings.

This isn't speculation. Universal representatives have stated as much in the LA Times article on Southern California theme park reopenings.

Found the articles. Hadn’t read it before now and heard the news through DHI Podcast. There’s still a lot of information yet to come on how they’re reopening. The article omits info on The Mummy and Transformers rides and doesn’t mention anything about shows.

Reactions: deadbydawn
We know they are opening but no sure on many details yet....hell I have a resveration to Six Flags and have ZERO idea of whats going on.

The Effects show is a great example of what I'd have to see the laws on/what Universal wants to do. Because to me think the doors being open, people 6 feet apart and how high the ceiling is is more than enough to reopen but legally maybe not.

Hasn't USJ been doing the Hogwarts Castle walk through as an attraction since opening? I'm surprised it has taken a global pandemic to make it's way to the US.

Not sure I get why Simpsons can't operate, it's in a massive IMAX dome and they could reduce the amounts aloud in each Delorian (what do we call them now?!)

Reactions: Coolbfitz