This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hasn't USJ been doing the Hogwarts Castle walk through as an attraction since opening? I'm surprised it has taken a global pandemic to make it's way to the US.

Not sure I get why Simpsons can't operate, it's in a massive IMAX dome and they could reduce the amounts aloud in each Delorian (what do we call them now?!)

I think you guys are misinterpreting what they plan to do. I took the quote to mean that they will be pulsing entry into the indoor, more heavily regulated indoor queue to reduce backups and time spent inside - but then those folks will presumably still get on the ride. They may separately offer a "castle tour," but this feels more like a workaround to California's bizarre regulatory requirements. I imagine Mummy and Transformers will work similarly with their outdoor extended queues.

There isn't going to be a whole lot of park, though. Despicable Me and Simpsons staying closed is pretty rough for a park with less than 10 rides.

Found the articles. Hadn’t read it before now and heard the news through DHI Podcast. There’s still a lot of information yet to come on how they’re reopening. The article omits info on The Mummy and Transformers rides and doesn’t mention anything about shows.

I was just listening to that episode today! I've been really enjoying Todd's updates for the last year with everything going on.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Honestly with another month to go....would they have time to update the App to let you get a spot in line for Simpsons/Despicable me?

Water World was testing out a new kinda Q and Pets will as well....so unless they really don't want people staying int he park more than a few hours they have to have all rides open at least or no clue what people will be doing.

Just now catching up with this thread. While it would be lame to not have all the rides open, if two rides had to stay closed, Minions and Simpsons would've been my pick as those two are easily the weakest rides at USH. Obviously it would be more ideal to have everything open, but I'm not going to be losing sleep over not being able to do Simpsons or Minions for a while.

Just now catching up with this thread. While it would be lame to not have all the rides open, if two rides had to stay closed, Minions and Simpsons would've been my pick as those two are easily the weakest rides at USH. Obviously it would be more ideal to have everything open, but I'm not going to be losing sleep over not being able to do Simpsons or Minions for a while.
I wish I could say the same about that last part. I've been awake the past three days straight thinking about how these two rides won't open with the park.
/s

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
If they don't open then I hope they great creative and have some other attractions to help with those rides down

Simpsons has a 60-120 min line everyday....Simpsons only dips below 60 mins on the slowest days or the first hour of the park opening

But I hope they figure something out because even after Nintendoland...the park really isn't a full day thing yet. It kinda amazing me its been open for 30+ years as a theme park while DCA has been around much less time but DCA is basically at this point with Spiderman a full day park.
Its why I'm sad about Yoshi not coming here...yeah yeah SLOP. I don't care we need more rides the park is really lacking and 1/2 the time we either get a updated ride or just retire one attraction and build another on top of it.

So, with California officially releasing their guidelines; I figured it'd be good to bring it up here too, especially on some manners. I'll copy what @Clive has posted on Disneyland Resort; and to give the link towards the full document if people would like to read it more properly.

More detailed restrictions on how California parks are going to need to "safely" reopen...

--All queueing must be done outdoors (...)
--Time spent indoors for attractions must not exceed 15 minutes
--It would appear no indoor theaters of any kind

In this case; Universal Studios Hollywood would have to do queuing outdoors. We've known this before thanks to past reports, and there are methods at the park that they can use this.

Mummy, Transformers, DreamWorks Theater, Forbidden Journey, all have outdoor queues that can be used to hold people in; to then pulse quickly through their indoor queues to reduce waits altogether. Additionally, this isn't even considering another option: virtual queues. Determining on the circumstances, this might be the time for Universal Studios Hollywood to implement a park-wide virtual queue; through the official Universal Studios Hollywood app. To ensure that capacity can be as low as they can go throughout the indoor attractions.

To though bring up the obvious, this would mean that the only attraction at the park, that'd be a hard no until California eases the time guideline; is Special Effects Stage. Animal Actors and Waterworld, outdoor shows; are allowed under these new guidelines.

I don't get it....I can watch 2 hour long movies inside but a 15 mins show inside is no good?

Also I can shop in a store for clothes for hours...but a Q spread out 6 feet doesn't work here? These laws are being made by people who have either never done anything during COVID or just hate theme parks and want them to fail.

Reactions: Clive and Freak
I don't get it....I can watch 2 hour long movies inside but a 15 mins show inside is no good?

Also I can shop in a store for clothes for hours...but a Q spread out 6 feet doesn't work here? These laws are being made by people who have either never done anything during COVID or just hate theme parks and want them to fail.

I get the feeling this is guidelines that won't make it in it's current form, by Memorial Day. And that these are just more or less, guidelines to hold things together until california drops the age restriction to 16 years old on April 15th. I wanna know who headed these guidelines, and how much (or little) they actually worked with the parks to agree on this.

I get the feeling this is guidelines that won't make it in it's current form, by Memorial Day. And that these are just more or less, guidelines to hold things together until california drops the age restriction to 16 years old on April 15th. I wanna know who headed these guidelines, and how much (or little) they actually worked with the parks to agree on this.
Sure but to me laws need to be based in logic and science and if you can chill in Walmart for an hour (where most stores are not having 6 people apart from the line areas) or a movie theater which is all indoors but not at a theme park? The Parks can't even let people from other states so its not like your at more risk at a park vs a local crowded store.

Just not a fan and hope it get cut quick unless Universal/Disney day one are ready with App based Qs

Some predictions:
  • Despicable Me and Simpsons closed for now. (We know this since USH has said as much in an LA Times article.)
  • Forbidden Journey, Mummy, Transformers all use extended outdoor queues and pulse people through to loading areas to remain in compliance with state codes.
  • Wizarding World forced to do time entry - no way CA is getting away with the crowding seen in FL
  • No Ollivander's, probably.
  • Unclear whether Kung Fu Panda can open, but if it can, no preshow.
  • Modified Animal Actors show with no audience volunteers (see: Animal Kingdom's modified bird show)
  • No Special Effects Show
  • Waterworld tentatively happens with aggressive testing/some changed blocking? Distancing of audience is totally possible, the issue would probably be the water
  • Stage/platform in the Universal Plaza with characters waving (only spot with the space for it)
  • Tram Tour continues as normal + unnecessary plastic dividers between rows, POSSIBLY skips Fast & Furious because might be pushing the 15-minute indoor limit
  • Secret Life of Pets............ unclear?

Some predictions:
  • Despicable Me and Simpsons closed for now. (We know this since USH has said as much in an LA Times article.)
  • Forbidden Journey, Mummy, Transformers all use extended outdoor queues and pulse people through to loading areas to remain in compliance with state codes.
  • Wizarding World forced to do time entry - no way CA is getting away with the crowding seen in FL
  • No Ollivander's, probably.
  • Unclear whether Kung Fu Panda can open, but if it can, no preshow.
  • Modified Animal Actors show with no audience volunteers (see: Animal Kingdom's modified bird show)
  • No Special Effects Show
  • Waterworld tentatively happens with aggressive testing/some changed blocking? Distancing of audience is totally possible, the issue would probably be the water
  • Stage/platform in the Universal Plaza with characters waving (only spot with the space for it)
  • Tram Tour continues as normal + unnecessary plastic dividers between rows, POSSIBLY skips Fast & Furious because might be pushing the 15-minute indoor limit
  • Secret Life of Pets............ unclear?
Secret Life of Pets was announced to be open.

Secret Life of Pets was announced to be open.

Yeah, just saw that in the other thread. That's great news, and they're going to need it to drive business with Despicable Me, Simpsons, and a few of the shows down.