This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m a bit unclear on why this is happening so suddenly, and my understanding is it is a bit of shock to employees, as well. Then again, the park is basically pretending the Oct 7 vaccination requirement isn’t coming, so nothing makes sense.

So no Vaccine card needed? Just masking everyone up

I get Businesses don't want to turn anyone away but this seems like others said a step backwards...literally flashbacks to last year, even with cases dropping

Reactions: tacalert
I didn't even think this was news... I've been wearing masks outside all this time.

But it is an odd policy change at this time, and one I doubt is practically enforcable at this point. It'd be like getting toothpaste back into the tube.

Reactions: Grabnar and Clive
I didn't even think this was news... I've been wearing masks outside all this time.

But it is an odd policy change at this time, and one I doubt is practically enforcable at this point. It'd be like getting toothpaste back into the tube.
Yes. I hope the employees don't keep bugging people to put their masks up. Yes, I am one of those people that doesn't have it up. Makes zero sense that the same crowd on Citywalk doesn't have to wear one. Why I believe the rules set by Barbara Ferrer are ridiculous and their is no science behind her decisions. And why only LA County, when numbers are dropping with no one wearing masks outdoors.

In addition, the team members are just doing their jobs. They aren't thrilled about having to enforce this because many guests are hostile about it. Please follow the rules and listen to team member instructions when they are given.

Reactions: deadbydawn
I don't see the need to complain anyways. I'm fully vaxxed and I respect the guidelines but I know and I'm willing to bet the park won't enforce this, they just say they will because they know guests are high and mighty. Dodger Stadium had the same schtick.

But it does strike me as odd because considering how bad things have gotten in lieu of the pandemic, CA also has the lowest transmission and case rate which says a lot.

Last edited:
^20-30 minutes may be a bit optimistic, but 40-50 are likely in line. Still better than 2-3 hours, and many lines typically move faster than their posted wait time (though not all, it's a bit hit and miss).

Like, I've been the first few people to head to Hill House and Pandora, and before the mazes are even open, I notice the default wait time is 45 minutes. When in reality, it's maybe 5-15 (for about the first 30 min or so).

Reactions: highdefrex
Was there tonight (granted I left by 8pm), but based on what I saw, outdoor mask compliance was better than I anticipated. Being cynical about other people, I had pretty low expectations, but if you include people who wore masks, but had their nose out, I'd roughly estimate it at about 80%. If you don't count the nose exposed people, I'd maybe put it at 50-60%. Still, I was expecting maybe 40% or less.

Also, gotta give credit, there were enough team members yelling about the mask compliance. Not as many as I would've liked, but they were genuinely trying.

Face Masks on at all time and either a negative test or COVID shot required to enter

Last edited by a moderator:

Face Masks on at all time and either a negative test or COVID shot required to enter

Ive been surprised by the level of compliance with the mask guidelines at HHN and the amount of TMs enforcing them.