This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which is why I’m in huge favor of removing the boring studio tour in favor of park expansion/2nd gate. That tour USED to be the draw to the park decades ago but not anymore, and nostalgia from older guests is the only thing keeping it around. Many were way too harsh on that survey the park sent awhile back about condensing the studio tour and making it up-charge like Warner Bros, that was a PERFECT idea and would’ve benefitted the park, giving them the daily crowds that WDW, UOR, and DLR get. All the other Universal parks do just fine without the tour.
YES PLEASE! so much they could do with all that space including during a WOC style show if they built a nice lake

True, but never said I wasn't respectful to any employees.

I mean, if you keep pulling down/taking off your mask so much that employees are apparently repeatedly having to ask you so much throughout the whole day to pull it back up/put it back on, that kind of is disrespectful to them when you're well aware that not having it on means that they're going to remind you. I don't see how you can lament that they were doing their job of reminding people about mask wearing when just following the rules would mean they wouldn't have to keep asking. If, for instance, the Studio Tour has to come to a halt because the tour guide notices that one person has their mask down, I'd argue it's not that one person having their experience ruined, but all the other people complying with the rules having their experience ruined by the one person actively choosing to be defiant.

I don’t see why it’s so hard to follow public health rules. We all don’t like it and wish things were normal but the reality is things would be a lot worse without them in places where people (some with no concept of spatial awareness) are in large crowds. We are so close to an endemic and it’s annoying to see that keep being pushed back due to bad policy and individualism.

I don’t see why it’s so hard to follow public health rules. We all don’t like it and wish things were normal but the reality is things would be a lot worse without them in places where people (some with no concept of spatial awareness) are in large crowds. We are so close to an endemic and it’s annoying to see that keep being pushed back due to bad policy and individualism.
Sorry, I just can't with comments like this

Rules need to have meaning behind them. Literally in the State you don;t need to wear masks indoors but...here in LA its different because......some guys made up a number and are making us wait for that number to go down. The Mayor was maskless with thousand's of people at the Superbowl but he's magically extra immune to getting covid with thousand's of random people around him

I went to USH today and wore my ask because I don't want to make anyone's life harder but the rule is stupid now. My bigger questions to everyone still worried about Covid at this point why isn't the government forcing all indoor area's be updated with modern ventilation to make it safer for the "next wave, virus, flue season, pandemic" and why are hospitals still to this day with record profits not building new area's for the "next wave, virus, flue season, pandemic" so we don't run our of room and pay nurses more so we are all safer.

As for USH making the Tram a separate thing, I support it if it means more rides/lands for USH. I think the Tram can be cool but really if I don't enter the NY yets....its kinda a meh ride with the same info you got the last time you rode it

Reactions: Ron101 and Freak
Sorry, I just can't with comments like this

Rules need to have meaning behind them. Literally in the State you don;t need to wear masks indoors but...here in LA its different because......some guys made up a number and are making us wait for that number to go down. The Mayor was maskless with thousand's of people at the Superbowl but he's magically extra immune to getting covid with thousand's of random people around him

I went to USH today and wore my ask because I don't want to make anyone's life harder but the rule is stupid now. My bigger questions to everyone still worried about Covid at this point why isn't the government forcing all indoor area's be updated with modern ventilation to make it safer for the "next wave, virus, flue season, pandemic" and why are hospitals still to this day with record profits not building new area's for the "next wave, virus, flue season, pandemic" so we don't run our of room and pay nurses more so we are all safer.

As for USH making the Tram a separate thing, I support it if it means more rides/lands for USH. I think the Tram can be cool but really if I don't enter the NY yets....its kinda a meh ride with the same info you got the last time you rode it

There’s public health professionals (assuming you’re not one as well) that are way more knowledgeable than us both who made the decisions to have them here in LA County (an area with a major city with lots of person to person interaction) based on data and science on this new variant. Yes, the mayor and the governor not taking their mandates seriously is hypocritical and stupid (wouldn’t be surprised if they got/had it). That’s all I’m gonna say because I don’t want to turn this thread into a covid mandate debate. I just hope the virus continues to get weaker and it becomes more and more flu-esque.

The answer to your question about why the our healthcare system sucks is capitalism and the government unwillingness to spend money actually supporting people like a government should in theory. I wish they would make the necessary improvements across the board.

Agreed the tram is meh without the NY sets or seeing something set up to be filmed. I think the appeal is for non-locals. I wouldn’t be opposed to it becoming a separate ticket to allow more lands/rides.

i'd need more lands/rides first before they make it ticketed, i don't see a way for them to make that switch in the near future tbh. also i'd hope they'd cut down on admission

Let’s move on from the mask talk. For now, we still gotta wear them indoors, even if we don’t want to or think it’s illogical. The park and its employees have no say in this.

Agreed the tram is meh without the NY sets or seeing something set up to be filmed. I think the appeal is for non-locals. I wouldn’t be opposed to it becoming a separate ticket to allow more lands/rides.
Even I don’t see much appeal to the tram tour for non-locals. Even with the NY sets, it’s just empty facades with the tour guide saying old movies that were filmed there. The real action is nowadays is done in soundstages, something that could be easily toured with an up-charge experience like Warner Bros. People would get an ACTUAL studio tour with a more personalized experience like that survey suggested. After the tour, they have a multi-day park(s) to experience that ALSO benefits those who don’t do the up-charge tour.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Even I don’t see much appeal to the tram tour for non-locals. Even with the NY sets, it’s just empty facades with the tour guide saying old movies that were filmed there. The real action is nowadays is done in soundstages, something that could be easily toured with an up-charge experience like Warner Bros. People would get an ACTUAL studio tour with a more personalized experience like that survey suggested. After the tour, they have a multi-day park(s) to experience that ALSO benefits those who don’t do the up-charge tour.

Totally agree. I like the tram for what it is, I like being able to be on the backlot in some capacity. Driving by Soundstage 12 and craning my neck to see where Bela Lugosi, Colin Clive and Boris Karloff once stood is a highlight, but I do think having some kind of Warner-esque up-charge tour would be beneficial.

I've been of the belief that doing a mixture of the regular Studio Tour and the VIP Tour in a standalone package, would do wonders to revitalize the tour brand for USH. A mixture of the two worlds wouldn't be a bad idea at all, especially if it'd allow reconversions of Kong or Supercharged to act as "Finales" for respective Standalone tour variants, depending on a package guests could select.

My fondest Cali memory was I met one of the VPs of WB on CompuServe (thats how long ago) and when I visited California he arranged for me to basically have run of the studios so long as a red light wasn't on. Talk about a kid in a candy store! No guide or anything... even took the shuttle over to the ranch, :)

LA is going to end its mask mandates for Vaccinated people. So think by this Weekend Universal should be mask optional

Wanted to go pet dogs today and I noticed they are just doing the animal actors meet and greets without the animal actors show.
It's out for this week, they're doing some minor work. Should be back next week or the week after iirc, just can't remember where I read that