Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

Well it never hurts to have another pair of eyes. Sometimes we miss things that someone here might manage to catch.

Well I don't know if belongs here but the tour guide from my trip on Jan 11th said that because of USH 50th anniversary we were going through the collapsing bridge. Don't know if it's an excuse or if it's  true.

I really think that's just an excuse. A lot of tour animations and/or segments are down atm, so they're making up for it with the Collapsing Bridge.

In other news, THIS JUST IN:

I miss Back To The Future and ET

it was open but the first day went to hell in a hand basket. they are trying to figure out what qualifes someone access in the lounge. the way i heard it was that if you paid with an american express card and you had the receipt you could go in but it might all be changing

That sounds like the Orlando deal.  You have to purchase your ticket with an AMEX card and the word American Express will be printed on the back of the ticket.  Kind of odd to me when you will have to have the door staffed all day for a very few amount of guests.

I understand needing a company to sponsor the free snacks, water and lounge area, but when it doesn't turn revenue, I doubt if this will last long.  Sad, because I want a lounge idea to work in the park and not only in the Studio Center.

Universal Studios Hollywood Welcomes the ‘Year of the Horse’ as The Entertainment Capital of L.A Commemorates Lunar New Year with Festive Décor and a Special Mandarin-Speaking MEGATRON from Its Acclaimed Thrill Ride, ‘Transformers: The Ride-3D’
Universal City, CA —Universal Studios Hollywood will be aglow in red as The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM commemorates the Lunar New Year and “Year of the Horse” with a special Mandarin-speaking MEGATRON character from the blockbuster thrill ride, “Transformers™: The Ride-3D,” who will interact and speak spontaneously with guests in Mandarin and English as part of the commemorative activities taking place from January 25 to February 9, 2014.

Activities will be situated in the all-new Universal Plaza – a grand courtyard at the heart of the theme park – which will be adorned in customary red Chinese lanterns hanging from above. The polygon-shaped piazza will display a dozen lampposts, featuring the twelve zodiac animal signs and three specific characteristic attributes.

Providing fun-filled photo opportunities, Woody Woodpecker and his girlfriend Winnie will be dressed in traditional Chinese attire while the iconic “Marilyn Monroe” will wish good fortune, happiness, wealth and longevity to guests. Traditional Asian music will resonate throughout the plaza.

“As a world-class entertainment destination, we are very excited to bring one of the most celebrated holidays in Asian culture to our theme park,” said Larry Kurzweil, President of Universal Studios Hollywood. “We’re pleased to share our unique Lunar New Year tribute with visiting guests from China and around the globe.”
A highlight of the event will be a special Mandarin-speaking MEGATRON, who will engage guests in conversation using progressive voice technology that is reflective of his evil DECEPTICON persona. MEGATRON – an ominous 12-foot-tall figure – is one of the stars of Universal Studios Hollywood’s award-winning thrill ride, “Transformers: The Ride-3D” designed to completely immerse guests in the 3D-HD action-packed world of the TRANSFORMERS. In-park signage will notate times for the MEGATRON meet and greet.

Universal Studios Hollywood also caters to Chinese guests year round with its world-renowned “Studio Tour,” offering guests a behind-the-scenes look at an authentic movie and television production facility. Helmed by uniquely-trained Mandarin-speaking tour guides, the signature “Studio Tour” provides a front row seat to Hollywood movie-making with access to one of the largest film studios in the world.

Universal Studios Hollywood also features Mandarin-speaking associates within the theme park’s retail stores, and provides in-language park maps.

Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A., includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas and the “5 Towers” state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue. World-class rides and attractions include the intense, award-winning ride, “King Kong 360 3-D” on the famed behind-the-scenes Studio Tour, the critically-acclaimed mega-attraction, “Transformers: The Ride-3D,” “The Simpsons RideTM,” “Revenge of the MummySM—The Ride,” “Jurassic Park® —The Ride,” and the much anticipated 3D Ultra-HD movie motion-simulator adventure, “Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem” opening in Spring 2014.

Last edited by a moderator: