Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

I notice The Simpsons isn’t showing up as open/with a wait time on the app today, while DM is. Anyone know if it is, in fact, running again today despite what the app says, or did rehearsals not go as smoothly as DM’s?
Did Simpsons show up on the app yesterday? We finished the lower lot a bit after 10 AM and we’re heading to Studio Tour when we saw them allow guests in. When we enter Simpsons and left the attraction, the wait time said Closed although it was in technical rehearsals. DM on the other hand, had a wait time posted.

Did Simpsons show up on the app yesterday?

I didn’t see it on the app yesterday, either, when I checked after seeing the initial comment about it being in tech rehearsals or anytime up to closing out of curiosity to see what the wait time was. I’ll just assume (hope) that your experience with it ends up being mine, too, in less than 48 hours, haha.

I'm wondering if, as silly as this sounds, the word "theater" impacts its characterization and ability to open under current guidelines - even though it's "technically" a ride system. Outdoor theaters are obviously clear to operate, but it would appear indoor theaters still cannot open.

I'm wondering if, as silly as this sounds, the word "theater" impacts its characterization and ability to open under current guidelines - even though it's "technically" a ride system. Outdoor theaters are obviously clear to operate, but it would appear indoor theaters still cannot open.

Indoor theaters can operate at reduced capacity under current guidelines.

So, anything on DreamWorks Theater opening?
I mean June 15th at the latest....they might be waiting for Capacity to move up for this show since the lines are normally 30ish mins compared to DM and Simpsons which are normally 45+

But if we get into a better tier in the coming weeks I would think we will see it then and Water World as well hopefully sometime in May

Venues can operate at a higher capacity if they require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within the last 3 days.

La County is officially in the yellow tier! Park capacity increased from 25% to 35% for both Universal and Magic Mountain! Hopefully this leads to better ride capacity (probably not) and DWT opening!

It’s crazy how a full 25% causes these 3+ hour long lines at the park, especially on the weekends. It’s not just skipping rows on rides but the fact there’s so little rides in the park that contributes to it. Disneyland/CA Adventure skip rows on rides but have minimal wait times because there’s more of them.