Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

Do we still have to wear masks at these places now that this is a requirement?

Part of me says yes... LAUSD will still be requiring masking at least through the end of the calendar year, even though all students and staff will be vaccinated. Three good reasons to keep it up: vaccinated people can still transmit and get it (even if typically milder), 2) there will be lots of exemptions with medical and religious reasons, and 3) all the people who will simply be faking their vaccine cards.

On the other hand, it's a huge pain for them to enforce masks, so it may make for an easier path of least resistance to make them optional. Also depends on what LA County will require in terms of masking. As for me, even though I've been fully vaccinated since April, I'm still likely to wear masks both indoors and out for a while for the three reasons I noted above.

Let's be real, they aren't really enforcing masks right now to begin with. But until the county changes its policy, we'll still have to wear masks indoors, even with the vaccination requirement (which is patently a great thing for performers and guests).

I’m also down for this if it means no masks

but if we still have to wear masks then feels like just another step for no reason

Honestly, I have no problems wearing a mask and still wear them to this day even when I'm outdoors and my entire family does as well. My wife and I and our 12 yo son are fully vaccinated. My two youngers kids aren't since they're not eligible yet. This would be a huge inconvenience for my family to have to get my younger kids get tested just to visit a theme park.

I'd rather they just make masks mandatory at the parks, even if it's indoors and outdoors. Requiring a negative test result is much worse than requiring reservations to visit a park as I'd have to go get my younger kids tested at least 2-3 days in advance. This would mean no more spontaneous visits to the parks. I don't see this happening in OC so hopefully Knott's won't be affected.

Honestly, I have no problems wearing a mask and still wear them to this day even when I'm outdoors and my entire family does as well. My wife and I and our 12 yo son are fully vaccinated. My two youngers kids aren't since they're not eligible yet. This would be a huge inconvenience for my family to have to get my younger kids get tested just to visit a theme park.

I'd rather they just make masks mandatory at the parks, even if it's indoors and outdoors. Requiring a negative test result is much worse than requiring reservations to visit a park as I'd have to go get my younger kids tested at least 2-3 days in advance. This would mean no more spontaneous visits to the parks. I don't see this happening in OC so hopefully Knott's won't be affected.
I wonder how they will do this without lines pilling up

We have the lines to park (most the time), then lines to get through Security, and now lines to get your card checked and then line up to get into the park. Plus Universal will have to staff for this which is both good, but also they might use it as an excuse to have less of a budget for HHN, Chinese New years and Christmas events

I hope the lines to check aren't too much of a problem. Although I don't think many of these venues are going to thoroughly check. Most guests are going to show a photo of their proof of vaccination and I'm sure the checkers are just going to quickly glance at it. Going to be difficult to maintain fast entry and the checkers losing motivation to genuinely check thousands of guests every day.

Anyone been to the mega indoor venues like Staples Center that have been requiring it since reopening? How's the process been there?

Vaccine checks at concerts/events haven't slowed down the process at all as it's checked at the same time as ID's. All you gotta do is show the mobile version or the card, which takes less time than the finger print scanner figuring out it's your finger.

Vaccine checks at concerts/events haven't slowed down the process at all as it's checked at the same time as ID's. All you gotta do is show the mobile version or the card, which takes less time than the finger print scanner figuring out it's your finger.
So just a picture of it?

One event i went to accepted a picture of the card and the others didn't specify. There is an actual mobile version that has a QR code that you can get texted to yourself from some California government site that's easy enough to get out. I wish it had apple wallet integration, but I'm sure that's coming.

One event i went to accepted a picture of the card and the others didn't specify. There is an actual mobile version that has a QR code that you can get texted to yourself from some California government site that's easy enough to get out. I wish it had apple wallet integration, but I'm sure that's coming.
Thank you

just did that and it’s super easy took seconds to get my text

I used the one from the link below back in June that has a QR code and allows you to add it to your Apple Wallet.

It'll be interesting to see if requiring proof of vaccination could be counterproductive. Vaccination cards aren't hard to forge so you might see a bunch of unvaccinated people getting in with fake vaccination cards, especially if they can just show a grainy cell phone photo of it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the honor system plays out.

I'm guessing when the final "order" comes out today, those who are not of age to be vaccinated will be exempted from the testing requirement.

USH has not officially brought this up yet (but I expect them too by the end of the weekend); but beginning on October 7th, Los Angeles County will be requiring proof of one dose vaccinations to large scale venues--including those above the capacity of 10,000 people.

It'll be interesting to see how NBCUniversal and USH coordinate media in the coming days on this; as I would expect them to speak about this soon.

Well I'm screwed. Figured this would happen once newsom wasn't recalled.

I used the one from the link below back in June that has a QR code and allows you to add it to your Apple Wallet.

It'll be interesting to see if requiring proof of vaccination could be counterproductive. Vaccination cards aren't hard to forge so you might see a bunch of unvaccinated people getting in with fake vaccination cards, especially if they can just show a grainy cell phone photo of it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the honor system plays out.

Ah cool I guess they fixed it!

The one event I went to that accepted a photo was an independent ran warehouse thing before any of the existing event mandates so I'm gonna assume Universal will need to ask for the official mobile version or the physical card, but yeah some fake vaccination cards will most likely be tried. The issue will probably not go away until there's some national system. At least going now will be somewhat safer to those concerned.

Ah cool I guess they fixed it!

The one event I went to that accepted a photo was an independent ran warehouse thing before any of the existing event mandates so I'm gonna assume Universal will need to ask for the official mobile version or the physical card, but yeah some fake vaccination cards will most likely be tried. The issue will probably not go away until there's some national system. At least going now will be somewhat safer to those concerned.
Doesn't make it any safer. You can take a test that comes back negative and that is good for 72 hours. What's to say you didn't get Covid in that 72 hours?

Doesn't make it any safer. You can take a test that comes back negative and that is good for 72 hours. What's to say you didn't get Covid in that 72 hours?

It does make it marginally safer in that the test will inevitably catch some "positives" that shouldn't have come to the event, but yes, the window is too large - it really should be 48 hours, and even that isn't foolproof. The vast majority of people will provide proof of vaccinations, and it shouldn't be much of an issue.

With that said, I'd like to avoid any further discussion of faking cards or any other workarounds. People are getting arrested for perpetrating these types of schemes, as it's a federal crime. I'm sure there will be a handful of idiots who try it and maybe even get away with it, but by and large, I think the measures will work as intended.

I believe they figured under 72 hours, you can be infected but not infectious (.e., not shedding virus yet)

I believe they figured under 72 hours, you can be infected but not infectious (.e., not shedding virus yet)
I remember thinking the same when the film industry was opening back up. Apparently you don’t become contagious/come down with the disease for around 72 hours after exposure, so they’ve established a testing window.

No I figured you would catch at least some people planning to visit who would've had COVID, which is better than none. I think more people will show up with a vaccination card since you don't have to go out of your way each time for that.