Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Thorpe Park - New Coaster

Dec 16, 2015
Surrey, England
Merlin's Thorpe Park are announcing a consultation for a new coaster project tomorrow (Friday 10th December 2021), due for construction to start towards the end of 2022

Rumoured to be in the "Old Town" section of the park that used to contain the famous "Logger's Leap", it is meant to be the new tallest coaster in the UK at 236ft tall.

While short, this new coaster looks like a monster. The views off ride and on ride will be impressive.

Here is the best unofficial animation of Project Exodus I have seen so far...

Last edited:
I think it's a pretty creative layout

I feel it's going to enter the final brake run with a ton of speed that could have been used for some airtime hills

Thorpe, and the UK in general, could use more airtime machines

I visited Thorpe Park two and a half years ago. I liked it. The UK really could use a world class coaster. I'm sure once the rumor broke out that Thorpe was getting a hyper that's taller than Big One (Which was unfortunately VERY rough when I rode it), I could already hear the rejoicing of many UK coaster enthusiasts.

Before the announcement, I figured it would be a B&M hyper as the best case scenario. But no, they go the extra mile and make this a Mack hyper! Now granted, it could be an Intamin or even an S&S, but the noise testing using a "certain coaster in Turkey" seemed to be a big giveaway that it would be a Mack. Not only the Brits getting a good hyper, they're getting probably one of the best hyper coasters on the planet...if not ever. I'm getting Steel Curtain vibes but with an Intamin twist vibes. Actually, come to think of it, the inversions do feel kinda Intamin-ish. But good for England getting such an awesome coaster that makes me really excited.

This may have big implications for the industry moving forward. While I don't see many domestic parks ordering a bunch of Mack hypers, I really hope this will show B&M and other manufacturers that it's okay to have some inversions or even more creative elements for their hypers.

Man, with this and the new London Resort park opening, I'm gonna have to make another trip to the UK. Loved visiting that lovely country. Merlin has been getting a little too comfortable with their theme park monopoly they have going on so I'm glad that London resort is giving them some much-needed competition.

Controversial opinion, but I’m hoping this provokes Blackpool Pleasure Beach to react, and the only feasible way I can see that happening is through removal of some of their, erm, classic (painful) coasters. I‘ll never go on infusion again in my life, and Grand National needs a full retrack as that is so painful to ride right now

Controversial opinion, but I’m hoping this provokes Blackpool Pleasure Beach to react, and the only feasible way I can see that happening is through removal of some of their, erm, classic (painful) coasters. I‘ll never go on infusion again in my life, and Grand National needs a full retrack as that is so painful to ride right now
Having been on both, I totally agree. They need to RMC Grand National. Make it the UK Twisted Colossus. Infusion would be better off as a churro stand lol

A bit of outdated construction update, but this coaster looks honestly like a world class coaster...

Also, it appears I'll be taking a quick trip to Britain, and hopefully, I'll have a short amount of time to visit the park to ride Hyperia. If anyone has any recommendations of what attractions are a must-visit, what rides to avoid, and what times of the year the park opens late, I would appreciate that!

Last edited:
I know not a big talking point on this site, but I’m hearing this is being pushed to June rather than the initial late April internal date.