Thunderbolts* | Inside Universal Forums

Thunderbolts*

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In the role of Thaddeus Ross, it seems Harrison Ford will be taking on William Hurt's preformance as the key leader of the group. Only reason why it wasn't announced at D23 seems to possibly be due to Kathleen Kennedy's insistence.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know in the past Kathleen Kennedy was so good as producing but.....yeah hearing stuff like this makes me dislike her more. Why? Like Why is Disney letting people like this kill hype at their own event?

This and Deadpool would have been very loved announcements

Also John williams was ahead of himself saying Ford was done with movies, lol

Harrison Ford makes no sense unless he’s a one off. Marvel tends to cast younger and casting someone as old as Ford means you need to film his stuff yesterday, especially if he were to show up in multiple films.

Reactions: belloq87
I think this will be the fine time we see Ross.

Which I'm fine with the late actor who played him did a dam good job making me hate that character. They must have had something for the character in this film but after that I could see them sunsetting the character. They now have Damage control, Val, and can introduce more characters that will be working with the governments against super hero's

I think this will be the fine time we see Ross.

Which I'm fine with the late actor who played him did a dam good job making me hate that character. They must have had something for the character in this film but after that I could see them sunsetting the character. They now have Damage control, Val, and can introduce more characters that will be working with the governments against super hero's
I could see Ford playing Ross once and then he gets killed off or something like that to wrap up Ross' story. I have to imagine they are eyeing bringing in Red-Hulk (which in the comics is Ross) at least for the rest of the Multiverse Saga. Maybe they will introduce Ford's Ross as a multiverse version and it's role Ford only has to play for a few years since he'd probably only be around until Secret Wars.

I admit it's hard to do a true Thunderbolts story without Thunderbolt Ross, but I had assumed we would just see a different story.

She was soooo good in The Bear. In an unrelated note, I HIGHLY recommend that show as a quick and extremely enjoyable 4.5 hour binge.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Thunderbolts got delayed by about 6 months and took Avatar 3’s release date of December 20, 2024:

If true, hell yes. I'm honestly so excited for this film regardless, I just think an R-Rating would make it even more interesting

If true, hell yes. I'm honestly so excited for this film regardless, I just think an R-Rating would make it even more interesting

Thunderbolts is essentially Suicide Squad so yeah, this could really help the film if they take advantage of the R. Thinking about it, man would James Gunn have been the absolute perfect writer/director for this movie. Oh well.

Not looking good for this project.....this is my much anticipated MCU film but man no idea if they are going to be able to pull it off

Reactions: Ahmanet
For what it's worth--it does seem to not be of the fault of anyone outside of just Yeuns schedule--and that Yeun is very much open to doing a Marvel project down the line.

That being said--I do not envy the casting groups as they'll have to find one insanely quick to make sure it doesn't get delayed again.

Reactions: Ahmanet
WTF is happening...two really good actors just dropping this film

I'm not saying its going to be a bad film but just sucks...I feel like we are slowly getting the B version of what this film should be